or Connect

Posts by kbarnes701

I wondered if it was, but thought the link worth posting anyway.
What Theresa said.  100% agreement.
 XT32 is in fact hugely superior to XT.  All the info needed to support that statement, along with measurements and graphs and comment from leading industry figures is here: a)1. Differences between MultEQ XT32 and MultEQ XT/MultEQ/2EQ with regard to HF correction.
Untrue statement. The top end models from Onkyo, Marantz and Denon all feature Audyssey XT32. And even mid-priced Denons and Onkyos feature XT32 these days too.
 That is total nonsense. Check the 4520 thread and ask there if anyone is experiencing that reported "issue".
 True. Any way of doing it is fine, so long as one understands what is involved. Expecting an audible difference because one spends a lot, or because one has power that can never be utilised makes for a bad decision. But choosing huge monoblock amps purely because one likes the look of them is fine. It's when people make uninformed decisions that problems arise.
That is interesting because I had the w1070 as well and my Epson 5030 is quieter than the BenQ, noticeably so.
 Yes - that's why I wonder of there are FW differences that are not fully understood. My fan is of course noisier in 3D or High mode, but not so that it is disturbing and not noticeably louder than the JVC or Sony PJs I compared it with at the time of purchase.
 I am in the UK and have the 5030 which is the same model as the 9020 but it does have some differences - eg we don't get a THX mode. My PJ sits ceiling-mounted almost directly above my head at a distance of about 3-4 feet. I use Eco mode and I cannot hear the fan at all when any sort of content is playing. Nothing. If I pause the movie and listen real hard, I can just about hear the fan. This is in a dedicated and treated room in a house in the quiet countryside.  I am...
 Good suggestion. If one can overcome the prejudices against pro amps, they offer the most amazing value.