or Connect

Posts by Johnny14o

NAS boxes are connected directly to the network and the WDTV Streaming box reads network attached devices. The WDTV will/can scan for ALL videos, music, picture OR specific folders can be selected to build your media library. The WD box is not as broad and deep as a xbmc PC, but is is surprisingly nimble and plays darn near everything I throw at it. The WDTV Streaming boxes are inexpensive too. I have 4 in the house in different rooms and picked 2 of the up on eBay for...
I am currently running 3 pair of JBL L820's and 2 LC2's for center channel. The biggest concern with using a single L820 for the center is the balance of the Mid/Bass from one side of the room to the other. I cannot say that it would sound "bad" just not sure how it would end up for you. Only way to REALLY tell would be have an LC2 (or similar center) then swap it out for the single L820. It is what sounds good to you.(The small speakers on the LEFT and RIGHT channels and...
I use a WDTV Streaming box to do all my "Movie Viewing" For the most part, it does EVERYTHING that I want it to. Plays darn near everything I throw at it, and WD keeps it fairly up to date with firmware updates. The most recent update supports DTS-MA passthrough! The build is "Bang for the Buck" because that what I was going after. It has been officially changed to the Merlin Theater in honor of my 1st cat that I got when I moved out on my own in college and stayed with...
LOL... excellent point. I did kinda drop the ball on the final wrap up. Work and life kinda got me sideways.Not MUCH to report, other than tweaking the speakers a bit and some finishing touches (trim, paint touch-up, etc), nothing MAJOR different...Let's see....My movie collection continues to grow. Had to add another NAS box to the offering. Apparently, I was a "good boy" and Santa got me the hook up...After playing around with the LED strip lights, I embarked upon...
Are the knives "self powered"? LOL!
Need/Want some seating for your current of upcoming Home Theater? Today (or until they run out) WOOT! has some decent seating and shipping is ONLY $5.00! Linky: WOOT! Media room deal...
My stuff...Good luck everyone!!!
The Linacoustic has been sold, and shipped "over the rainbow" LOL!
Sadly no, with the onset of 2013 I have been running like a mad man. Only to briefly stop and occasionally enjoy the Theater as it is.Which is approx 98% there. Just a couple of items still hanging around.1. Finish the crown. I plan on painting the crown black and hang it approx 1/2" from the ceiling with LED strip lights behind it. Figure the 1/2" would provide enough "glow" and be close enough that a gap would not be noticeable in the day.2. The equipment closet door....
20th Century FOX and Home Theater Forum have partnered to give the public the opportunity to vote on bringing classics to Bly Ray... http://www.hometheaterforum.com/a/fox-vote-your-choice