or Connect

Posts by phorts

Jim, thanks again for your detailed insight and assistance. I am going to make those changes tonight and I can bet that it's going to improve things drastically. I just had some small comments on your suggestions, just to make sure we are on the same page: 1. Regarding "Full Band", this is what you get when you select the lowest Hz in the crossover for Center, Fronts and Surrounds. So, it goes from Full Band -> 200Hz. Next setting after Full Band is 40Hz, then up in 20Hz...
True, I still almost went for the Polk anyways, but i figured i'd at least give the Velo a try first and it blows away the 75W 10" CSW Basscube i had and it fits and sounds great in the spot i have available.Jim, thanks again for your assistance. I now just need to tweak my receiver and sub to blend with my other speakers. Would you mind taking a look at the post i made in the Setup...
Hey Folks, Another yawn inspiring setup question from a novice. I'll try to be as concise as possible. Thanks in advance for your insight and assistance. Here is my current Speaker Setup: Fronts/Center - Polk RM201 x 3 Surrounds - Polk RM101s x 2 Subwoofer - Velodyne CT120 Reciever - Onkyo TX-SR605 I've Run Audyssey II but the whole shebang just sounds off. The fronts and center are set to full band and the sub is just overpowering unless i turn it down to near 0....
Just wanted to come full circle on this thread. I was about to purchase the Polk PSW505 but a friend gave me a Velodyne CT120 for free. It's a 175W 12" Downfiring Sub. About $600 new in 2002 and has been sitting around for many years collecting dust. I hooked it up and it sounds great, now to get everything recalibrated. Thanks again for your help!
Thanks for the insight JimWilson, much appreciated. Im assuming that the ones you recommended are superior to the used subs i listed that i found on CL? From the ones you recommend, i would probably go with Polk given that i have their products in my setup already and have had very good luck with them in other applications (Computer Audio, Car Audio, etc). Thanks again!
Ok, so, not something that audiophiles can really sink your teeth into, but I would appreciate any assistance you can offer. Current Setup: Fronts/Center - Polk RM201 x 3 Surrounds - Polk RM101s x 2 Subwoofer - Cambridge Soundworks Basscube 10s (Deceased) Reciever - Onkyo TX-SR605 Im looking for something that has at least as much power (75w 10" downfiring active sub). So 100w is probably suitable. Smallish room. 80% Movies/TV and 20% Music. I liked the way the CSW...
Ok fair enough. Wii screen it is! (guy told me he paid $8000 for it... i figured that was laughable). But, a nice $20 purchase all the while. Thanks guys!
Yeah that's what i was thinking, but found it strange the PC allowed it to go to 1072x600. I have a Pioneer PDP-5080HD which is a 720p Panel (max res 1365x768) and seem to remember getting higher res when connecting to a PC. My memory could serve me wrong, however. Thanks for the quick reply WiseGuy, Anyone with a difinitive answer on this one?
This is not a high-tech gaming rig, and hence not a high-tech question, but i didnt know where else to post this. Thanks for any insight you can provide. I got a 36" Panasonic TH-37PW5 Plasma from a yard sale for $20 and want to hook up my PC to it. The TV only has Component and VGA inputs. When i hook up my PC it only displays up to 1072x600. The video card is an integrated Intel 82865G. Obviously this res is not very satisfactory. What do i need to do to get...
Merrimack, NH - Comcast - SA8300HD -> HDMI ->720p I've noticed in on center field cameras in baseball games and is happening right now on the Fox Pregame show. Last week the Fox game (Vikings/Browns) was unwatchable. I have to resort to watching the SD version... lame. Is there any other fix? When is comcast coming out with an upgrade to this ancient HD DVR already? ugh.