or Connect

Posts by sashok

A couple more photos of my problem...
So I submitted a warranty request and received a response today. Per the response, the issue that I am having (I attached two photos) can (supposedly) be easily remedied by following a repair procedure that was sent to me (attached PDF files - I had to split them up due to max file size). I have not had a chance to try this yet, but I am hopeful that this will solve my problem. I will follow up with my results... Alex      
My apologies for leaving this thread open... After posting this thread I immediately became pre-occupied with other things and never got around to doing anything in regards to this issue (poor choice on my part). This past weekend I watched a movie and was greatly annoyed by the waves in the screen. So, I have made it my initiative to contact Elite and attempt to remedy the problem this week. What I have noticed on the screen is that the very bottom 2/3 of the screen...
Hi, I have a 120" Elite Cinetension 2 screen w/the gray material. The screen has waves (and has had them for a while) in the bottom-middle portion of the screen. I have tried making slight adjustments to the tension mechanism, but I have not had any luck improving the condition. I do not want to tighten the mechanism too much because I don't want to over-stretch the screen. I already see the sides exhibiting a curvature. The screen is about 2 years old, and I believe...
Wayne - That would be awesome if you could post your impressions after you install it. I am really looking into getting one of the Cinetension screens... I sent this screen back, and I need to talk to where I bought it from to get a full refund. Marc - Thanks for the link, I've been reading through the thread to get an idea of what people think of the screen. I see you work for AV Science, I've seen numerous posts where people reccomended calling up the store for...
I have tried to solve the problem of the waves on the screen I had by pulling on the bar in various ways, but nothing alleviated the problem completely. The only thing that did work was me pushing up in the center on the roller inside the case. That is obviously what is sagging in the middle, causing the screen to sag as well. I am mainly looking for an electric screen because I want to make it completely invisible when not in use, and I am considering putting an LCD on...
Okay, I need some serious help/advice… I am looking for a 120” electric projection screen for my newly purchased Mitsubishi HC4900. The projector is installed in the basement with good light control. I will be installing the screen inside a dropped ceiling (I have about 4” between the studs and the dropped ceiling). I'd like a screen with a small case that could fit inside the dropped ceiling, but if it sticks out, that is okay too. The screen does not have to have a...
After all that, and a bunch more research...I decided to go with the Epik Knight. I was contemplating whether to go with the Epik Castle, but it's kind of out of my price range for now. So I was thinking that I will see how the HT works out with the Epik Knight, and worst case, I will add another Epik Knight later on. Two is always better than one... EDIT: Oh, the reason I decided to go with one of the Epik subwoofers is because I don't think I'd be able to wait so long...
I hope this explanation makes sense: The theater will be centered length wise and towards one side width wise. There is a stair case that comes down, which will act as the back wall for the rear speakers and couches.
Well, the basement is completely open, so that is why it is 25x35. The home theater is in a portion that takes up about a 1/4 of the basement.