or Connect

Posts by visual-era plus

I have had my PZ700 42 INCH since december 2007 and it has not been cleaned yet. I have taken a close observation of the screen and noticed dust particles over most of the screen. I don't want to use a regular cloth to clean it because i don't know how sensitive the glass for the screen is. I mean whats the point of making scratches even if they are tiny all over the screen that may degrade overall quality of picture. I have heard of these MICROFIBRE clothes that...
Thanks Randy for the reassurance. I find that actively checking for issues with the TV about IR and so on only hinders enjoying the TV. You mentioned watching a lot of TV with bars, regardless of IR would that not age the phosphors in an uneven way especially if its accumalative watching of non full screen content? Is there anyway around this? Sometimes the PZ700 scales a picture with slight bars, this is also what other posters have mentioned in regards to this...
Thanks guys for the responses much appreciated I have currently run in my TV at around 240 hours and have heard a few posters complaining they get IR that do last for days after watching only 3-4 hours with a static channel logo. I would like to know how many can watch sports or a channel with heavy logos for 1 - 2 hours and not suffer Image retention after a few hours of playing different content to clear it? Can i leave it on one channel for a few hours and...
Anyone? any answers welcome thanks
Why does the screen go dim if there is a static image on the screen for over 5 mins? If a static image is left for 2 hours after the TV has been run in for 100+ hours and the screen has dimmed will that still result in burn in? Or does the lower intensity of the dim screen stop burn in? About the lack of 24p support on the pz700 is that a huge loss? Would be nice if Once and for all someone please show or link of some proof if the PZ700 is infact HDMI 1.3, if...
Its recommended that you watch full screen no borders for the first few houndred hours as some people have complained that they can see the lines of where the borders were. From what i have read to age the phospers evenly it should be full screen.
If the Plasma has been run in for around 100+ hours and a DVD title menu is left on for an hour or 2 hours and the plasma goes into dim mode will there still be burn in? The TV is Panasonic 42 PZ700 and its settining were 35-40% contrast and similar for brightness and on top of that the TV goes into Dim mode i.e. automatically lowers the brightness after a static image has been displayed. Do Panasonic run in there TV sets at the factory stage for 100 hours? Lets...
Greetings from across the atlantic, Is there such thing as having IR or screen burn and not noticing it with minor cases? Is there a definitive way to detect screen burn or prolonged image retention even minor cases? Contrast plays a big part so if an image is paused on for 2 hours and the contrast is like at 30% or less would there still be chance of screen burn? Considering after the TV is a few hours over 100+ hours break in. The dimmer feature on plasma...