or Connect

Posts by rage_311

Fortunately, right now, I am only doing OTA ATSC reception on my tuner cards (which will stay the same for the HVR-2250(s) usage) and won't have to deal with the Clear QAM issues. I appreciate the info though. Anybody have any experience with this? (Whether or not it is an amplified splitter on the HVR-2250 -- or if you lose any signal when it's split.)
Hey all, I'm looking at getting an HVR-2250 (or maybe two) in the near future. Currently, I have two ATI TV Wonder 650 PCI cards, which are only single tuners. The signal from the antenna is so weak by the time it gets to the tuner cards that I can't split it any further to get more tuners going (I'd really like to have 3+). My question is... is the onboard splitter on the HVR-2250 "amplified" so that I won't lose any further signal strength when it's split? It...
Yeah, I can see how this could really start to get expensive. The RCA remote and JP1 cable won't only get used for this project though, I'm sure... so maybe it would still be worth it to use this Logitech Harmony adapter, since it is fully functional (with power on/off). I can justify the costs just like that
Sigh... This "Logitech Harmony Adapter for the Playstation 3" is made to work with Logitech/Harmony remotes only. Didn't see that! On remotecentral (http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...3/thread.cgi?3) they have a post up about how to get it to work with other remotes. There's also a file with "pronto CCF and pronto hex" codes. I've got the spreadsheet with some codes in it... but I don't know if this is usable to me at this point. Am I going to need a cable to go...
Good call! I didn't even realize that such a thing existed. I picked up the remote that you mentioned, and things are working out nicely so far. Thank you for the advice. Now I just need to find the device listing for this logitech ps3 ir to Bluetooth adapter.
Hi, I know I'll probably get a bit of flak for this, but I recently purchased a Philips Prestigo SRU 8015 universal remote (primarily because it was CHEAP on woot!) It seems like a good enough little remote... I'm not trying to do anything TOO fancy, I don't think. It has the ability to learn IR codes by pointing the original remote directly at it and pressing the button you wish to learn. Everything is fine on that front. My problem is... the OE remote for my TV...
Hey guys, I posted a couple of weeks back about my issue of having no audio at all from the front left speaker. After some home-testing, I decided it wasn't something I could fix. I brought it into my local Onkyo authorized repair center and they had it back out to me in about a week... apparently it was a busy time for them. The tech told me that he had to re-solder the joints on, what I believe was, the speaker connection PCB to the mainboard. Mind you, I only got a...
Well, clearly someone knows more about it than I do... but either way, Mario Kart is way better with 7.1 channels than it is with 2. You can hear the karts coming from behind you and up on either side of you with 7.1! Totally worth it!
YES! Most definitely. Wii's aren't just stereo, they are capable of dolby pro logic II, which is 5(.1?) channel and the 606 can turn that signal into 7(.1?) channel. Mario Kart sounds great on it!
Has anyone else lost a specific speaker channel? My front left speaker channel went out a few days ago... I swapped the left and right speakers to see if it was the cables or speaker, but the left speaker worked when it was plugged into the right channel, so that is not the case. I've gone into the speaker level settings and made sure it's supposed to be outputting from there. All the other speakers output the static noise when you select them to adjust their levels, but...