or Connect

Posts by moob

Exactly. If he swaps to air, he can take the extra cash and step up to a GTX 770 or an R9 280X.
Unless you're planning on OC'ing an enormous amount an air cooler is perfectly fine (and I'm in sunny SoCal). As for stress, the EVO is one of the lighter coolers around. Besides, when has anyone ever heard of a board breaking from a heavy cooler? I never have. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, and I'm not saying it doesn't put stress on the board (as minimal as it may be), but worrying about that is like people who worry about wearing out their modern SSDs before it's...
Is there a particular reason you went with a liquid cooler? You can get an air cooler like this: http://amzn.com/B005O65JXI that's pretty quiet and does a great job at cooling at a fraction of the price.
I use a k/m for BF4. I honestly couldn't imagine playing it with a controller. I need that precision. Even in tanks I need that precision/speed with the turrets. That being said, I know that there are those who do use a controller with varying degrees of success.I have thought about using my 360 controller for flying though...I suck tremendously at flying with the k/m.
A quality 500W PSU would be enough, but yeah...it doesn't hurt to go larger. Something else to keep in mind...we're seeing games push beyond the 2GB VRAM limit, even at 1080p, when you start increasing things like AA. Even without AA, games like Skyrim with mods uses well past 2GB. At 1080p, I use about 2.2GB of VRAM in BF4, although BF4 uses as much VRAM as you have, so if you have less, it'll use less. This is where I'd usually recommend a comparable AMD card with more...
Bob's right. Unless you're playing at low resolutions with decreased quality settings, a $50 card isn't going to do much for you. Have a quick look at this article and you'll see how the performance of entry-level cards compare (though without some of the newer cards, but you get the idea).
I'd say it's definitely a "your mileage may vary" sort of thing when it comes to BF4 and bugs. I have just about the same time played as Marafice, but I've crashed at least a dozen times at the end of rounds. But it's at the very end of rounds, so it wasn't a big deal to me. I don't think I ever crashed during a game. And my rubberbanding was limited to China Rising maps, and usually on Silk Road for whatever reason, so not bad at all. The only real bug I've encountered is...
Titanfall for $45: http://amzn.com/B00DC9T2J6 Battlefield 2142 for $.99: http://amzn.com/B00H2VOELQ Only mentioning the 2142 deal for others like me who just want to pad their library.
Well, like I said...it depends on what you play. But then again, like you said, you're going for overkill. The vast majority of games today are quite happy with 8GB and a 3450. But who knows what the future holds. Of course, we've been saying that for a while...lol. We do see games like Watch Dogs pushing those minimum requirements higher though.
I'd say it depends on what kinds of games you play. I didn't think 16GB was needed, but BF4 has a memory leak issue that affects some players, and when I switched from 8GB to 16GB, it completely eliminated all of my stuttering (which could be pretty awful at times). The alternative was to use something like RAMMap to keep things under control, but my laziness won out. And if you do play games like BF4 online (you don't need much for single player) or Crysis 3, you'd see...