or Connect

Posts by chadsdsmith

So its obviously a bit of a mixed feeling when you have a good RMA experience because, lets face it, the product failing in the first place kinda sucks!! But anyways, I bought a Toshiba 3tb external hard drive on sale for $115 about a year and a half ago. I recently started having some issues with my computer not recognizing the drive so I transferred all the data and was about to rip the drive out of the enclosure when I decided to check the receipt. Sure enough, I found...
I know what you are saying, but my point was that even the dedicated streamers have their own share of "issues", and so far I really like the all in one nature of this pioneer player I just picked up. I wanted something to play back all of my bd iso files through my network, it does that better than either of my two dedicated streamers do. The firmware was a pretty straightforward install, and the cost is still cheaper (if found at the right price) than buying both...
I had a similar issue with my pioneer bd player, and it turns out I had an auto negotiation issue with my computers network adapter. I changed it to full duplex 100gbps and now all of my full bitrate bd iso's play without issue. I don't know what settings the Drobo 5n has for this, but you might look into it. If the same Ethernet cable worked for the wd hub, then its not that. Like what ash_man said, 10/100 should be fine. Unless its the wd live itself, its likely a...
I hear what you are saying, and are welcome to your opinion, but the op asked a question because it is of interest to him. You are welcome to start a thread about why its a horrible idea, but your comment really is not that helpful. I bought the pioneer player for a second bedroom in order to simplify the clutter, and to still have a disc player should I need it. I bought it in great condition for about $70 shipped. I bought the firmware (I am sure it could be had...
I recently purchased a pioneer bdp-150. There is a custom firmware available with that functionality. I found a firmware on ebay that you can buy for it that gives you network bd iso playback. It works well. You can play iso via usb or through the network. It does eliminate Netflix and most of the internet features, but I didn't care about that. It also plays full menu's and 3d etc., so its about as full featured as it gets, plus the firmware eliminated cinivia too. Its...
Well, after some web research I decided to play with the network adapter settings. I went from automatic to full duplex (100mbps) and changed the power save setting to off. After these changes, I went back and played the same few movies that were stuttering before and now they play fine. I am not calling it a victory yet, since I didn't have a problem the other day, but today, so far so good. Anyone think this could have fixed the issue?
I recently ran an ethernet wire to a second bedroom so that I could play my full bitrate bd rips through my network (I have an asus nt56u router) to my pioneer bdp-150 (custom firmware). The first few days after setup were great. I tested the largest/highest bitrate files I could find and they all played without a hitch. I even watched one all the way through without a single stutter. I tried numerous files and they all worked great. Fast forward to today and now even the...
I recently found a bdp-150 on ebay and flashed one of the recent stable versions of the Russian cfw. I have network connected bd iso file support now, but for some reason, when I go to play mp4 (m4v file extension) made from handbrake, I get a "not supported" message and it wont play. I tried changing the file extension to mp4.... still no go. I honestly didn't think to check whether it worked before I flashed the cfw, so I don't know if it is the cfw or if it is something...
Are you sure about the component outs? The plus model shows an out for component in the spec sheets.
I should add that the ISO files will likely be played off a external hard drive via USB. It is my understanding that they can read 3tbdrives now, right? Any known problems with any particular drives/brands? Any input is greatly appreciated, I just don't want to create any issues for my highly un-tech savvy parents.lol.