or Connect

Posts by Dawson9a

Can someone re-post the details on this again? I signed up successfully a while back and would like to try it out again. Was it a coupon? A link? I don't remember. Thanks! Dave
So what would be my options if I take the 211 receiver from the basement and put it somewhere in the bedroom? I don't want to put a shelf or anything on the wall where the TV is. What do people do in that situation? I agree, it would be nice to have HD in the bedroom as my wife is watching more TV there than we do in the basement. The installer is supposed to come back out.. but I'm not sure what will be done. Any ideas? Thanks! Dave
Yeah.. I was thinking about that. The thing is, the 2nd TV in the bed room is a Sony LCD on the wall. There's no shelf or anything to put the receiver on. What do people normally do in this situation? I don't think Dish would charge any extra for putting another receiver in.. but I'm not positive. Here's another option that I thought of... but don't think it would work either. I have a 211 HD receiver in the basement that I could possible put upstairs.. but...
Thanks! I'll check it out. That solves one issue... what about the rest? Dave
I just had Dish installed last weekend after finally getting fed up with Comcast. The DVR on my HD Comcast box was very simple to use. I'm having issues getting adjusted to the Dish 722. For instance, on the Comcast DVR, I was able to record 2 shows at the same time and then go back and forth between these shows. It doesn't seem to work that way with Dish. I had two things recording on Dish at the same time but if I wanted to view the other show that was being...
So... here's what I did. I reset the DVDO back to factory default and used the Avia disc to calibrate the Optoma projector. I'm pretty happy with the results and got the blacks black and whites white now. Actually made a pretty big difference. Now.. what should I do next? How exactly do I "fine tune" things with the DVDO? There are a TON of setting on that! Not sure where to begin there. Any advice will be appreciated! Thanks! Dave
I agree.. I may need to buy a better projector. As I said, this was already in place when I moved in, so I'm not sure how old it is, or how much it was used. Is there any way to determine what model it is without having to un-install it? I didn't find anything that I could see from the front. Also, if I'm to calibrate the projector first and then use my DVDO iScan VP30 to tweak those settings... can I still use an Avia set up disc for the Projector? If so, will...
I've inherited a home theater when I bought my house and now want to calibrate the picture. The home theater consists of a DVDO iScan VP30 (which replaces the iScan HD that was there) and an Optoma projector. I'm not sure of the model number. Both the VP30 and Optoma have picture configurations and I'm not sure how to set things up for the best possible picture. I have the Avia set up disc.. will that work? And if so, how would I best set up my picture with my given set...
I've inherited a home theater when I bought my house and now want to calibrate the picture. The home theater consists of a DVDO iScan VP30 (which replaces the iScan HD that was there) and an Optoma projector. I'm not sure of the model number. Both the VP30 and Optoma have picture configurations and I'm not sure how to set things up for the best possible picture. I have the Avia set up disc.. will that work? And if so, how would I best set up my picture with my...
I think I'm getting it with my set up. What you're saying is that I won't be able to see the Wii if I connect the Wii to the 820 via Component and then just have one HDMI cable from the 820 to the TV. You're saying I will also need to connect component cables from the 820 to the TV as well... is that correct? That's not a problem.. Here's another question, I will be connecting my Comcast HD/DVR box to the 820 and was wondering, do I need to turn on the 820 to watch...