or Connect

Posts by MrEastSide

The problem with people claiming that different panels are of different quality and produce different results is, the exact same panel can produce different results. I've seen countless people have problems with back-light bleeding, clouding, flashlights, dead pixels, etc, etc... They return their set and get another one, same panel type and what do you know, it looks perfect. Since this is the case as it's been noted on here by plenty of people, even if Samsung does use...
I noticed some input lag on my B750 when I first got it. I was coming from a Samsung 4661. I think the reason I noticed lag on the B750 was because the 4661 was so responsive it made the B750 seem unresponsive, but really, it isn't. I've had my B750 for about a month now and I no longer notice any lag. There really isn't a noticeable amount. The issue comes from having a TV previously that is lightning quick. Then you may notice slight lag on the B750 when you first...
I've seen a ton of people with all different panel types saying they love the picture and it couldn't be better. So really, anyone making claims that one panel is inferior to another doesn't make much sense based on how many happy buyers I've seen with every different kind of panel. Personally, I wouldn't even look at the panel type. Buy a TV and if you like the way it looks, keep it. If you don't like the way it looks, return it. As Omelet said, all anyone has ever said...
If you buy from Amazon and there is a problem outside of the 30 day return policy you'll have to call Samsung and they would send out a tech. Could be pretty smooth, could be a headache. A lot of people have complained about Samsung's customer support or lack there of. Personally, if I was buying a new TV. I'd buy it from a local store if the price was right, just in case there were any problems right away I could simply drive it straight back to the store and not have to...
With the same warranty on the TV, I wouldn't worry about it. The only thing that happens to their display models is they run all day. Even knowing that, Best Buy is open 10AM to 9PM (Excluding Sundays when they close earlier). Each TV model typically sits on display for a year at most, usually less. So at a typical 11 hours a day, except Sunday you are looking at less than 4,000 hours of use on a display model. Most new LCD and plasma TVs are rated at like, 60,000+ hours...
The B650 is a nice TV. But, if you can afford it, get the 750. It does everything better than the B650. Not that the B650 is a bad TV. It's just that the B750 does things a lot nicer. If you can afford it, I'd get the B750.If you have auto-motion set super high, sometimes that can cause the effect you describe. Try using custom auto-motion and turning blur reduction to 10 and judder reduction to zero. Or try the 'clear' auto-motion setting. I've noticed what you are...
It's just the plastic heating up. Smell any hot running electronic device after it's been on a while. None of them smell good. Take a whiff near the vents on a high powered audio receiver after it's been on a good half hour or more. They stink bad. LOL! As long as you're TV isn't smoking I wouldn't be worried.
I'd return it if you still can. You'll likely regret the hassle of Samsung's customer support more than just returning it for a new one. You'd get it fixed or replaced, for sure. But, it'd take them 1-2 months, most likely.
I'd buy it again. I have minor flashlighting and by minor, I mean very minor. Like Shin said, if you're viewing it at a normal distance under normal conditions you usually won't notice any problems. I really only notice it when I am really trying to spot it or viewing a completely black screen, which isn't watching TV. When watching a program or movie it's fine. That said, you're gonna have some kind of flashlighting or clouding with pretty much any brand and any model...
The 5 series is a very decent all around TV for everything. While the 5 series is Samsung's entry level models they're definitely not bad. I'd buy one if I needed to.