or Connect

Posts by rivrbyte

Yamaha RXV665 Blu-Ray Audio settings?? I have a Yamaha RX-V665 A/V receiver I purchased a few years ago. I have everything connected to this: My Samsung HDTV, Sony S350 BD Player, Time-Warner Set Top Box. I have a 6.1 Channel System. When I first set this up and played my first Blu-Ray movie, after the movie previews, which I think are either 720P, or 1080i, and the BD movie would begin, should it not be 1080P True HD? I noticed this receiver automatically changed from...
Hello, Time Warner Cable has a monopoly with their exclusive Anaheim, Ca. area. (Oh yeah, ABC, Disney, and Time-Warner.....yup, same big company......no wonder, they keep wanting to be more greedier than ever, even in this economy????) And the rumor mill is that they are getting ready to raise their rates yet again! I don't know anything about watching TV without having a cable service. I live in a mobile home park with a sound wall about 25-30 feet blocking the signal...
I have a Samsung 46” A750. I also have Time-Warner Cable with DVR service. I also have a Yamaha RX-V665 AVR. I have One HDMI cable from the TV (mounted on wall) connected to my Yamaha AVR, and everything else is connected to the AVR, like the Cable, Sony BluRay, Another CD/DVD player that I use for playing MP3's and regular Audio CD's, a VCR is also connected to the AVR. I contacted SAMSUNG because I have been getting blackouts on the TV with the sound still on that...
In the Extended Surround mode, IMO, both the PLIIx-Movie, and the PLIIx-Music modes sound terrible. I think for listening to TV/Cable, all the sound comes from all the 6.1 Speakers in the 7 Channel Stereo Enhanced mode.
ok,will read manual...Again. Really does not tell HOW exactly to switch from mode to mode.
kriktsemaj99, Got it. Thanks for the tip. Just beginning to understand this 665 AVR. All the other surround modes like adventure,chamber, sports,etc., seem to be terribly be too echo-y. So I'm using the 7 ch. Stereo for TV Cablr broadcast, which doesn't sound any different than the dolby Digital. On playing a blu-ray, Do I have to change it back from Dolby Digital to DSP? is it true that the receiver will apply a DSP or doing channel duplication of some sort in...
Mark, I repeatedly pushed the Straight button, and all I got was what was on before,like 7-ch stereo, did not work getting back the Dolby Digital mode. 7-ch Stereo,Straight,7-ch Stereo,Straight,7-ch Stereo,Straight,7-ch Stereo,Straight, and so on and so on. Thanks for trying.
Ok, I don't now how this happened, but I can't seem to find the DOLBY DIGITAL Mode on my Yamaha RX-V665. I have been listening to dolby Digital for few weeks, and now all i see or can find is the STANDARD mode by pressing the "movie" button on the remote, sure, there are other modes, like adventure, and sports, etc., but how do i get back the dolby Digital mode. That seems to sound the best for TV/Cable broadcasts.. Thanks!
The Best VHS to DVD software? / Future HD Editing I have an old 1997 JVC Analog Camcorder and about fifty VHS-C tapes I would like to copy, edit, burn, so my family can view these on their own CD or DVD disk players. I realize this would be all real time editing. I might even invest in another 500GB WD External HD, or one Terabyte (1000GB) because my present HD is half full, and I will need lots of video storage. That's Old technology, and I am thinking for the...
BongoBob said,Bongo, if you have to power up the VSX01 to be able to listen to the TV speakers,and if you are worried about heat from the AVR, get yourself a ANTEC A/V fan cooler ($70.00 reg, price @ Fry's, on sale thru this Tuesday for $50.00) to sit on top of the AVR to pull heat out of there. Works great! I too was thinking I did not want the AVR on all the time, but since I only have one in-wall HDMI from the AVR to the Display(TV) I don't want to add any more...