or Connect

Posts by rivrbyte

It probably depends on the receiver I get, but are these any good? if so, matched up to what AVR or HTiab system? 2)Polk Audio PLK M10 2-way bookshelf, 89db 2)PLK M20 (amp power recom,20-150w) or M50 Floor monitor, 1)PLK Center CS10 1)PSW Sub 10" (8ohm all nominal impedance)
Will2007, Thanks for "breakin' it all down". It took some time writing all that, and I DO appreciate it. I'm over-thinking this I know, but mesmerized by the many Speaker, AVR, and even the HTiab options. Because of the lack of money, I was going to settle on a Sony THiab, only to be told to stay away from Sony,Yamaha, and Panasonic, and even Bose by numerous people.. Well, there goes my small budget thinking theory right out the door. Bottom Line, I want to...
I've been going back and forth between a component A/V receiver like the OnkyoSR606, along with these polk speakers... 2)Polk Audio PLK M10 2-way bookshelf, 89db 2)PLK M20 (amp power recom,20-150w) or M50 Floor monitor, 1)PLK Center CS10,and 1)PSW Sub 10" (8ohm all nominal impedance) 5.1 set up, which would cost about $670.00+tax.,(amazon) and possibly a HTiab like the Onkyo HTS5100 with included speakers,but they don't look like they would sound like...
Hey guys. Thanks! I am listening, but always throwing something into the mix. As far as hooking up components, someone told me I would need ...one HDMI in the wall from TV to Receiver. Receiver to TV…..only One HDMI In-Wall 15' Cable Box to receiver….. HDMI Blue Ray to receiver…. HDMI." Then, I went to Fry's and that person told me he has his hooked up in this configuration below. (He said the other above way, has the possibility of the lip/sound getting...
ok guys, I've been looking and here is one I'm eyeing right now. Even though for my small 9'x12' room size, I actually only need a 5.1 Channel. Onkyo TX-SR706 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black): Audio & Video It also has plenty of optical and digital coax inputs. Or even the TX-SR606. Then there is Yamaha. I saw this 7.1 today @ Costco #285793 Yamaha YHP-C200BL for $499.00 I tried looking for it online,no luck,just at the store. Again, I think I would need...
Right...it was a defective HD Box..the cable is fine. I exchanged it and all is well. Thanks!
Hi and Thanks! Yeah, I found that out after I posted. Here ia a link with two more models I'm eyeing. SONY HT DDWG-700 and the HT SS-2300. Now I haven't looked at the specs except I saw the 2300 at Best Buy for 399.00. http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921644481278 I hooked up the TV to the HDBox,called Time Warner to send the HD signal, and the TV screen told me "no signal". Time Warner told me that the Monoprice CL2 in wall HDMI cable could be...
Hi again, http://www.sony.co.uk/product/hcs-ci...TechnicalSpecs Now the standard for speakers are 8 ohms, this above system has only 6 ohms and they have systems out there for even 4 ohms, which are non-standard. Do you think I'll be happy with this entry level system? So it has TRUE HD and DTS, so I guess it does Decodes Audio. Fry's for $199.00.
Thanks to ALL for chiming in! I am not getting over the air (OTA) signals, just TW CableHD. (In that case OK, no need for Optical from the TV.) I can now understand all the confusion of all the many different scenarios with NOT knowing what ultimately I'm going to end up with. If I go with something like this.... http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HTDDWG700.../dp/B0015HPYE4 Are there any differences between TOSLINK, and other Optical cables? Is there only one type...
Ok, So No Optical Cable at all? I have no qualms about one HDMI from TV to the HD Cable Box, but it's just hooking everything else up too. Some applications like a Digital Audio System do ask for an Optical,and with a AMP/DVD Home Theater, it does not, just audio cables. TV is not hung yet. I don't have any ideas about the receiver,or Blue Ray yet, but probaly get a A/V receiver soon. As I said before, I don't want to have to take the TV down again, just to install...