or Connect

Posts by rivrbyte

Hey AlumniU, Back in 1968, I was visiting my cousins who lived in Harvard IL. We went to the Rockford Speedway a few times that summer. I know this gets confusing. According to my Samsung 750 Book,if I get a Digital Audio System, I will need an Optical from TV to the system, but if I get a Amp/DVD Home Theater system, it just says I will need Audio Cables. I guess the difference is the Theater unit comes with an up converting DVD player? I don't know what the...
Samsung 46 A 750 - I have a wall mount on the wall with ONE (In wall rated) HDMI cable that I thought was going to the Time Warner HD Box. I haven't bought a receiver yet,OR the Blue ray yet, because I thought I needed a receiver with two or three HDMI inputs, to plug everything into. Most of the receivers I've been looking at in the $250-$400 range, only have (1) one HDMI. Someone just told me I could for the time being hook the HDMI from the wall to the Time Warmer...
My friend across the street with his Sony 52W4100 TV, uses ONLY one HDMI cable into his TV. He has a Sony HT-SF2000 receiver, and uses Direct TV SAT. He says he plugs everything into his receiver with multi HDMI's, and he can still turn off his surround unit if he wants too. Someone told me that I would have to run an Optical Digital Cable from the TV to the receiver to do this. My friend insists I only need One HDMI,as him, not an OPTICAL Cable. Does this optical...
Stapleguy, I noticed this system Sony HCD-HDX274 at Costco yesterday until OCTOBER 26 for 299.00 - 50.00 coupon for $249.00. I posted a message in one of these forums as far as how do I hook up a system. With Blueray,Time WarnerHD,receiver,maybe a VCR, I have a Samsung A46750....I was told I needed more than one HDMI cable from the wall and also a Optical cable...My friend across the street has everything plugged into his Sony receiver, Blue ray, Up converting DVD...
Thanks and Sorry...Sorry, and really sorry! "Cable box gets thru to the receiver?" HDMI from HDCable Box to Receiver, with an added Optical, or Optical from TV to receiver OR TV to receiver? So I'll need three HDMI's .... TV-Blue ray, TV to HD box, TV to Receiver, plus an optical? Or Time-WarnerHD box- HDMI to the Receiver? I realize at first it's an hair-raising experience with the myriad of connections. I have copied what you guys have...
I hope this is the right forum. Beginner Audiophile in training....HELP!!!! I Bought a new Samsung A750. I'm going to mount this on the wall. I have the mount up with only (1) one in-wall rated HDMI (13ft) for now. I'm going to get the Time-Warner HD Cable box, and eventually a Blue ray player, and a receiver. From what I understand, I should have at least two HDMI cables and one Optical in the wall. Would I need three? (1) From Blue Ray OUT to TV IN (2)...
Hello to All! I am confused like many about the setup for my HDTV. I have a Samsung 46A750 that's going up on a wall. I have ran one 13' HDMI cord inside the wall to go from TV to Time Warner HD box. I'm not ready to purchase the Blue Ray or the surround sound yet. In looking at the Samsung booklet, not only does it show the HDMI from TV to the Time Warner HD box, but the HDMI cable from TV to the Surround Receiver AND the OPTICAL cable for apparently better sound....
Very Kool Thread...The A650 TV is currently back-ordered at my local store. I ordered the mount online and should get it next week. My question is that this mount has a 5 degree tilt. I'm wondering exactly where I should install the cut-in box for Tv's own electrical. The samsung's recessed power area,looking at the rear, right bottom area might not have room for the outlet there, with a flat slim surge protector plugged into that with the samsung power onto that...
Hello, I hope this is the right forum. I have a 46" SamsungLNA650 that I want to hang on the wall. At present,all I have is (1) The TV, (2) Time Warner HD receiver Box, (3) Panasonic regular CD/DVD Player, (4) Panasonic VCR, (5) I have an old Sony Prologic (non-HDMI) surround sound receiver (9 years old) (6) Newly installed outlet for behind TV _______________________________________________________ Now I ask you, should I dump the regular CD/DVD player and...
Hi'yall, I have been looking at both the 46" Samsung and Sony LCD's when these sets were selling at over $3000.00! I have a chance to buy the LN46A650 for a decent price of $1700.00 through Fry's electronics for a limited time. I could wait,but if i don't buy it after looking for two years, well, don't think I ever will. I've been going back and forth with the Sony 46 W4100 with the semi-matte panel. It is more mula, and I would sacrifice about 20,000 Dynamic...