or Connect

Posts by coppertubing

I've completed building my HTPC using the FC8 Evo case. As I mentioned previously, I have the Foxconn H67S mini-itx board and Intel i3 3220T 35W cpu. Since this mobo has the cpu socket close to the heatsink in this case, and I don't have the short Streacomm pipes, I used a flat ribbon heatpipe from Amec Thermasol. Here is a picture: The flatpipe is clamped on the cpu using the provided Streacomm bracket. The other end is clamped to the heatsink with a piece of...
Sun Tzu says "He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must only survive."
The flat pipes are made of a ribbon of very small diameter aluminum tubes, so they can be bent and will retain the shape. There is a limit to the bend radius, but it is much smaller than that for normal copper pipes, without kinking.
Here is maybe the next best thing - Amec Thermasol Flat Heat Pipes. They are very thin and flexible flat heatpipes. I've used them in several fanless builds. Here is one where I used two of them to transfer heat to two aluminum heatsinks mounted to the sides of the case.I just purchased a Streacom FC8 Evo and have a Foxconn H67 with the cpu on the side requiring the short heatpipes. Actually that is the motherboard in the picture. I plan to use one of the flat pipes...
The SDHR Dual plugs into your router and can be used by any PC on your network. It doesn't care what you have installed/running in your PC.
Your problem is airflow. You have too much stuffed into that little box. It was designed for one 5.25 and one 3.5 drive. You have 1 x 5.25, 3 x 3.5 and 1 x 2.5. Plus 3 fans and an i5. Despite what Assassin did (he used a i3), that is way too much for that case. Your turbulence is due to the fans pushing/pulling the air against all that hardware, with no path out of the case. However, even with all that, your temps are not bad. If you can keep everything below 60C...
It looks like the Brix would fit into one of the empty slots in the drive enclosure.
You could possibly cool a G840 (65w TDP) passively with heatpipes. I've used these Flat Cool Pipes with some aluminum heat sinks to cool a i3-2100T (35w TDP). That Origen case probably has enough mass and surface area to act as your heatsink. Just run a couple cool pipes from the cpu to the case top and sides. The Flat Cool Pipes are actually ribbons of tiny heatpipes and are flexible enough to custom fit, unlike the rigid larger heatpipes.
Get that Amped booster and a Bilco Cantenna.
Amazon has them today for $140. Free shipping. http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Backup-Desktop-External-STCA4000100/dp/B00829THLE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363690794&sr=8-1&keywords=STCA4000100