or Connect

Posts by TripDaddy33

These are great! I did make one adjustment after walking through DVE. I changed the brightness from 63 to 56. I'm sure that had to do with the ambient lighting (rather a lack thereof) in my bedroom. Thanks again. These settings were spot on.
Exocet77, Here are my final settings after finding a good post on here from another member (Thanks Zepman!!!) and one additional adjustment to the brighness using DVE: Back light: 70 Contrast: 90 Brightness: 56 Color: 34 Tint: +5 Sharpness: 10 Color temp.: Warm A.I. picture: off C.A.T.S.: off Video NR: off Black level: Light Here's the other thread (Sorry, it wouldn't let me link because I'm too...
This definitely looks like a good start. Just bought one today and the settings are clearly better. My friend has a copy of the DVE disc. I'm getting that from him on Monday. I'll let you know what, if anything, changes.
I just bought an Onkyo TX-SR605 and I'm curious how to get the best sound from my PS3. Here's how I have it setup: PS3 to KDL52XBR5 TV using an HDMI 1.3a cable. I was then going to use an optical cable out from the TV and into the receiver. Here are my questions: 1. Is this the best possible setup (aside from going to the TV first)? 2. Do I need to set my tv to do some kind of pass through? 3. Will this setup produce DTS HD and True HD sound? This is my...