or Connect

Posts by Moggie

FYI the Outlaw amps have the same internal circuitry of the ATI's... rebranded and cheaper. Also better looking IMHO.
Sorry, been dealing with a family tragedy.The aluminum is not visible because the frame I made has an overhanging lip that hides the side of the spotlight frame. A couple of other ideas come to mind:1. You could route a slight recess and set the aluminum frame into it. This couldn't be very deep because the frame would then not open, but even a slight recess would help.2. Paint or use a couple of layers with a permanent black sharpie to make all the aluminum black. This...
Brad, Lowell make some products that might work: http://www.fullcompass.com/common/files/7401-RPC-1%20Specs.pdf Alternatively, if you can handle a soldering iron, you could make your own. This is my DIY dual 20A switching outlet. Cheers. - Paul
Glad to see you back Brad. I agree with Oman321 that you should look closely at the Lutron QS line for lighting and definitely iRule for automation. I have two 6 zone QS units with hard wired IR connection and iRule control and it works flawlessly. Which consumer oriented advances in automation from the likes of iRule and Roomie that are designed around a cheap iPad/Android tablet I just can't see the value in traditional systems like Crestron anymore. Nice workshop...
I'd be curious how you are going to incorporate the staircase into the room within a room construction. Are you planning a door at the bottom of the stairs? One other thing I noticed is the placement of the front pair of surround speakers appears to be in front of all the rows of seats. This is a sub optimum placement. Love the height you have to play with.
Hi Danwee, Welcome to AVS! The first advice I'd give you is to read as many of the build threads as you can. There are pearls of wisdom in many of them, often from industry experts. As for your two questions: 1. Wiring diagram. I don't have a full wiring diagram (actually I'm not sure what you are looking for) but basically there is the electrical wiring, the AV wiring (speaker, HDMI, etc), the control wiring (CAT5, IR, etc). I do have a "design" for the electrical...
Always a classic and actually one of the most referenced DIY builds. Very inspiring, well done!
I guess I didn't find you when looking for quotes. Ah well, next time
You obviously know the process well!! To your question, yes, a water barrier was used and it was of the plastic/rubber variety -- it came of a big roll. I think the Xypex was a really good decision. It adds a little to the cost of the concrete but it really works. You can also use as a slurry to seal damaged/cracked concrete -- I did in a neighboring crawl space to prevent a small water ingress. It probably wasn't necessary but I wanted the entire crawl space to...
Thank you Fred. You know, I didn't have a space either ... so I started digging ...