or Connect

Posts by mjovic

I just peed myself laughing.....yeah as I was typing it out I realized it sounded extremely technical. Ok I will give it a go! Wish me luck!!!
I used the measurements posted in the Silverfire v2.5 thread. 50ml Napthol Crimson Red, 25ml Phthalocyanine Green, 16ml Ultramarine Blue, 9ml Cadmium Yellow. So today I decide to try to gather some data so we can have some frame of reference to correct this scientifically instead of just visually to the eye. The only method of gathering data to a level of precision I would need to affect the proper correction I could think of is weight. I used a food scale accurate to the...
Agree, MM. If I were to do it again, I would definitely do it the way you described. I am just trying to brainstorm a way to get me from where I am at to where I need to be and it's the only thing I can think of. What color is the colorant mixture supposed to be? Do you have any pics? Any suggestions on where to go from here? Thanks!
I thought of a way to determine the exact amount of each color I used. I measured each tube on a digital food scale which is accurate to the gram. All I need to do now is measure a full tube (need to go buy one) and then I will know how much percentage-wise is left over...which will give me percent of each tube added. Once converted to milliliters I will know how off I am. I will post those numbers and then we can determine the appropriate amount of which color to add.
Here is a pic of the paint mixture and colorant in natural light.
I was thinking as I was adding the red that it seemed like more than 50ml as most of the tube of paint (which is 75ml) was being used, but it's just so darn hard to tell and it was right on the line of 50ml which I measured using the only thing I had (a cooking measuring cup). Actually all the colors seemed like I was adding too much as I was squirting them out. For example, the green should be 25ml which is 1/3 of the tube, but it felt like I was adding more than 1/3 to...
Yes, I printed out the instructions and took them with me to the art store. I did however buy the MATT version since they didn't have all the colors in the regular version, but that shouldn't affect the color only the sheen. When all the colors were mixed together separate from the base and viscosity components it looked reddish brown, not sure what it is supposed to look like.
OK, so I built the tester screen and mixed all the SilverFire v2.5 components, but I'll need someone to verify the color. It looks awfully purplish, not a neutral gray by any means. I added about 2.5-3 ounces of colorant and tried my very best to measure out exact amounts of each color first by measuring water into a small container, marking that line with a sharpie and then refilling the container with the acrylic paints. Is it supposed to have a visible hue once mixed?...
Smokarz, I hear you and actually am not at all sure how it's going to turn out. Good chance I will fail on the first couple attempts.I am going to build a smaller 2x3' tester screen to try it out before potentially wasting a larger piece of spandex. As MM said I believe the key will be super thin paint applied in a very fine mist. Another thing that occured to me is that perhaps painting it unstretched might be an option since the holes only really appear when the fabric...
Okay, so I need to: 1. Stretch the white spandex over the frame 2. Dust it with 8+ coats of S-I-L-V-E-R 3. Remove it from the frame 4. Apply white spandex backing layer 5. Re-stretch top white spandex over frame/backing layer 6. Make popcorn and enjoy my favorite movies? Seems simple enough, but I am curious what will happen to the paint when I remove the painted spandex from the frame. Will it crack or peel? Also, do you think MaxxMudd LL would give me better results...