or Connect

Posts by Slare

The ATX10C is made to match with your ATX30's. The EC25 will work safely just fine but most would recommend sticking with the ATX10C. If the vendor you are using carries the P35 / EC35 for a small premium over the EC25, it is a huge upgrade that will hold it own with just about any front speakers.On the upside the EC25 will mate better with a lot more JBL models if you ever decide to change your fronts.ATX line is not common in the US. Where are you?
The 8400 is outperformed by other $500 subs if you are willing to have a mixed system. I'd consider it a good buy at $300, a price which it used to be available at fairly often, but I have not seen it at those levels in a very long time. Most people who have them either got them at that cheap price point, or really wanted a matched all JBL system (which I can appreciate). However once you get into the $500 range options from SVS or HSU, among many others begin to win...
It will work fine. If you hear distortion, turn it down. H/K's 50x7 rating is probably very close to a real output of 50 into 5 channels, which is plenty for a sub/sat system like the 300. Those sats have 3" drivers coupled with decent tweeters... but they don't need more than 50wpc. Low frequencies are what takes most of the power, and in a speaker system like that you are going to be sending only 80-100Hz and higher to your satellites, everything else is handled by...
It's actually an LC1. I may well have already bought these if it was an LC2, but I've had an LC1 and found it to be pretty meh. But I really don't need more speakers. Buying speakers for a room in your NEXT house is a bit much... and that's exactly what I'd be doing.
I'll 2nd the t-amp + small bookshelf recommendation. I've found bookshelves with a 4-4.5" woofer to be just dandy for desktop use. Most of the computer speaker systems focus on artificially boomy bass. Fine if that is what you want but not really made for accurate music listening. PE has a Lepai t-amp that you should be able to find on eBay as well. It loses the battery power option, but is cheaper and has tone controls. Quality control isn't perfect, but if you...
In your situation I'd sell the L830's and ND310's and buy some L820/880/890's. Your front stage will benefit from a true 3-way matched to the LC2, which is a strong center.But that is not what you asked, so given the choice between the two I think it depends on how you use your system and your room layout.Lean towards the L830's if the small size allows for better placement and you are mostly HT biased. Better tweeter, better placement, better integration with your other...
My .02 is the biggest mistake they made was making them too cheap. Everybody knows that if you are going to make an ugly speaker, it has to be ridiculously expensive. On a serious note, I betcha they sound OK for the money. Given how ugly they are, they could be a great value some years from now as they are cleared out or in the used market. Grille off, I could almost deal with them if they didn't have such an obnoxious logo smack dead center.
Dumb question maybe, how deep are your front walls? That's a really big room. Could you make pockets in the walls to support using true theater speakers, like big JBL's?
BIC already makes nice, value, and garbage lines. So hopefully the impact will be minimal. A lot of the other brands that have been victim of the BB-effect (Alpine, JBL, , ML...) started at BB with no "garbage" line and introduced it for that channel. It would not surprise me to see certain models with a BB specific part number... but otherwise this is probably a plus overall to have another channel to get BIC speakers from. Lots of people end up with BB giftcards. ...
Dynamic volume/eq feature gives a huge bass boost at low volume. Onkyo's have a "double bass" setting where bass can be sent to both your speakers and your sub. Denon's call it "LFE+MAIN" but it only applies if you use a low or full range setting for your fronts. I suggest setting fronts as low as they will go, and never using this double bass setting. If you were using both settings you could be used to greatly exaggerated bass. So long as Audyssey is calibrating...