or Connect

Posts by Slare

Running full range PT800/PS1400 stacks also has the advantage of everything coming from the same place. Not only do you get the benefit of the PS1400 working up to 130Hz, but you also avoid a lot of room interaction challenges that you get running just PT800's with conventional subs (400's or whatever) somewhere else in the room. While I think this is less important for HT use, for music, those differences add up to be quite noticeable. Tools like Audyssey are great...
Are you sure your crossovers are not defeating/stacking on each other? VR1's are fairly capable speakers, you should be using no higher than an 80hz crossover point, I would probably use 60-70Hz. The actual crossover on your sub should be either defeated or turned all the way up, highest frequency. Sub crossover frequency setting in your Denon should be the same as your fronts, 60-80Hz depending on what you pick. The sub setting on your Denon should be LFE+Main. What...
The LC1 is typically priced in the $250-400 range, the bulk of which is higher than a new P35, and is a lot higher than what gently used EC35's sell for. Despite the arguably inferior drivers; the EC35's true three way design and big enclosure make it the best inexpensive center available to JBL people. If you can deal with the odd looks, the S-center 1/2 models are also better and typically sell in good condition for less than $100. They have a better tweeter but...
I'm a JBL guy. I wouldn't pay a "friend" more than $700. As a seller I would be looking for about $1,000. I could probably get more parting the kit out. To the guy that commented about the center looking wimpy, it's because those towers are big. The EC35 is a better center channel than 90% of what is out there, it's a true 3-way center with dual 5.25" woofers in a big enclosure. It is the best speaker in that picture and is a standout from the lineup. These are much...
Quote: Originally Posted by jdsmoothie I doubt Denon would lose much sleep over your decision. It would catch up with them eventually. I am still very pro Denon, but if the only way you could buy them w/ warranty was at current MSRP, sales would drop off a cliff. They could either adjust the MSRP to be closer to a realistic sales price, or they could stop with the cost savings measures to put them back into a premium bracket. But without...
F12 is the winner at this price point, as you are 80% HT. If you were 80% music you might want to consider better fronts or a different direction for the sub. F12 has a rather compact enclosure for a 12", output capability is great for the price point, and the 5 year warranty is a very considerable point given the rather poor reliability of plate amplifiers as a whole. Scan your local Craigslist and see how many budget subs there are for sale with bad amps. The biggest...
Seems simple to me, listen to Fluances and if you like the, buy 'em. My .02 is that they are too cheap, something has to give. The SLS kit looks even more sketchy. My dollar would go to neither and I would look at more well established/reviewed kits whether you are talking used or new. Small Polk, JBL, Klipsch kits could be had used at similar prices. New combos with similar speakers or Onkyo HTIB kits could be had at the SLS prices. I just don't understand why you'd...
Those pictures are effin crazy. I would just keep emailing those pictures until you find someone who cares. No way I would toss it. I would accept nothing less than my money back. AMEX would probably take care of it no problem.
Resale value would be $100 or so without much trouble. Nuff to buy a new bluray. Weak link is speakers. Output of that Panny is comparable to an entry level AVR rated at 40-50wpc. Borrow or buy some fronts from a store with a good return policy and try it out. It might be enough.
Don't get that Pyle unless you want them to call you up when it fails. It is a very interesting unit but the quality is not up to business use. Fine to tinker with at home, which is what it is really made for. I think the right way to do this, because of the mic requirement, would be the simplest mixer you can find, sources into your mixer, mixer out to your amp. I don't particularly like radioshack gear, but in your case what you are looking for is the simplest...