or Connect

Posts by johnangelo

Yes....it was recommended that I post it in the B&W forum.
Happy New Year to all!! Long story short....my friend is making way for his new HT system...being that he owes me a couple of favors he is willing to part with his Bowers and Wilkins 5.1( Xt4 for fronts, xt2 for rears xt center, and a sunfire junior sub), all for a grand. This would be replacing my Klipsch rvx 42 5.1 system. Assuming this is too good of a deal to pass up? Certainly a move up and not laterally? I have never owed speakers outside of entry level Klipsch......
Happy New Year to all!! Long story short....my friend is making way for his new HT system...being that he owes me a couple of favors he is willing to part with his Bowers and Wilkins 5.1( Xt4 for fronts, xt2 for rears xt center, and a sunfire junior sub), all for a grand. This would be replacing my Klipsch rvx 42 5.1 system. Assuming this is too good of a deal to pass up? Certainly a move up and not laterally? I have never owed speakers outside of entry level Klipsch......
Have an old tube pre amp that i was going to throw into the mix...would even look prettier!
I have a very modest HT set up....Denon avr 1712, Oppo 970, PS3 for blu ray and media streaming , Technics Sl-5 turntable and Klipsch rvx -42 5.1 speakers. Although my viewing/listening room is very small (approximately 14 x10) it is acoustically treated. My Klipsch does an excellent job in the home theatre arena but seem to lack a little luster in the music department (not as musical). I have the opportunity to get a pair of Dared monoblocks for a very respectable price....
Thanks for your input....seems like 46 to 50 is such a lateral move....but don't want to buy into "bigger is better" and suffer considerable PQ
OK.....I can get either of these TVs for the same price around $600.00.....Dedicated viewing/listening room with very little light with a viewing distance of about 11 to 12 feet. Im giving a edge to the Panny for PQ and edge to LG size. Upgrading from a 46 LCD. 3D and Smart are of no consideration to me. Opinions or anything I have not taken into consideration? Thanks
I currently am running a polk psw 100 in my HT/ Listening room with Klipsch rvx 42's... the sub has an 8 inch driver, with a 65 watt amplifier. It has an overall frequency response of 22 to 200 HZ, and -3 db limits of 31 to 150. It has an adjustable low pass filter from 50 to 150 HZ and a polarity adjustment of 0 and 180 degrees.They were produced from 1994 to 1996 and sold for $550.00 when produced. I have the opportunity to by a rebuilt Klipsch KSW10 for $90.00 ...
Thanks for everyones input....and I do need to stay with satellites..............my max is about a $1000.00.....just want to make sure that its a significant up grade worth the investment.
I'm looking to update my Klipsch quintet iii to possibly the kef 3005bl.........is this a significant move up or more of a lateral move? I'm just looking to upgrade my overall sound quality but need to stay within the satellite speaker genre. Thoughts and comments are appreciated.