or Connect

Posts by boarder1995

Stick with your S2000 - much more rewarding to drive daily. Only place a Z06 really shines is at deadly speeds, which requires a track. Just curious where do you reside and what's your approximate budget?
Your PB2000 are pretty well built new designed subs. BUT the PB13Ultra is a whole 'nuther beast. You'd likely need twins to notice top volume impact improvement over your pair of PB2000's, but the sub will be cleaner down lower and give more deep visceral feeling. I've had other dual sub systems in my room and setteled finally on the PB13Ultras and haven't look back. I occasionally wonder what a pair of SubM's would do volume wise and sound quality wise, but in the end I...
No way to do another PB2000? I'm a big fan of sticking with identical subs. However that being said, I've not messed around with different alignment subs (sealed vs. ported) or even just different sizes. Funny things occur with phase at port tuning frequencies, where with two different port tunings (PB1000 vs PB2000) you'll maybe have some phase mixing issues that are intriduced. At worst you could try with SVS's 45 day free trial and see if you get any issues. Of those,...
I'd set the sub's crossover to max, set the sub's gain to 1/2 way, and let the AVR do its thing. Run Audyssey initially to see what it says, then manually readjust the AVR's internal crossovers. If your AVR has a separate crossover for the sub out versus mains, then here's my approach: My preference is set the sub's LFE out to 120Hz (assuming the sub is near the front of the room). Set your main's crossover to 80 or even 60Hz perhaps, so they blend nicely before they roll...
I hope they can keep the Triax set together - it's so sad when siblings get separated when put into Speaker Protective Service homes. Someone loving will eventually take them in, otherwise they'll be on their own when they reach adulthood.WE NEED MORE PICS of y'alls sub(s)! Anyone have a direct comparison to the SubM? Particularly in sound quality or characteristics? Just personal perceptions even would be helpful. Thanks!
Sounds like an HDMI board issue. Had mine go out on my 23 a couple years ago and repaired under warranty. I don't remember what the cost was on the receipt, but likely not worth the cost on this unit. Sorry buddy.
double post - sorry
For sale is an original Bob Carver Sunfire Cinema Grand (not cheaper Cinema Grand II) 5 x 200 amplifier. This amp is just back from a local high end service center I take all my old items to for checking and service. I used this with my B&W speaker setup and it was beautiful, but I've now moved up to McIntosh. The Sunfire has got 2 sets of main outs for a choice of solid state sound (voltage outputs) or warmer tube sound (current outputs). This allows you to taylor the...
Definitely up the budget on the sub, and I'd drop the budget a little on the receiver. $300-ish on a fully functional receiver will be great. Just don't skimp on the main speakers either! The front 3 are most important! If you do 3 identical bookshelf units across the front, you'll be set.
My brother actually has the Outlaw M8 in his living room for his main system. Sounds great when volume is kept within reason. Also works very well with music in his system. If the price is right for you and you don't expect huge room shaking bass, but something much better than 90% of the big box stores will give you for $1000, then the M8 is for you. I've allways been impressed with what his system does. I've got dual SVS Ultras and know what great big bass is, but I...