or Connect

Posts by boarder1995

While Velodyne and Mirage make quality products, I've been much more impressed on the sub front with online retailers versus store bought, as I'm sure most will similarly attest to on here. Start browsing the online guys for your price point (?) at places like SVS, Hsu, Epik, JTR, Outlaw Audio, Seaton Subs, etc. I've personally had Outlaw and now SVS, both of which I would purchase again from reputable companies. With such a small space getting room filling bass won't...
One bigger, better sub will usually outplay a pair of cheaper units. Plus it'll sound good at low volumes too.
I've had Outlaw and now have SVS - both quality products. Hsu also has high quality looks and great performance. Just a matter of what brand you want to try out. They'll all impress you right out of the box and will only get better once dialed in. Pull the trigger!
Also, try running a power extension cable to your sub(s) so everything is plugged into one location by your receiver/processor and audio/TV gear - just to test the ground loop theory. Just a part of the troubleshooting process to isolate where the niose is coming from.
The huge improvement was in the tweeter between the Nautilus to the newer diamond "D" line. The bass drivers also went from paper (?) to Rohacell in the newer units. This is a thicker driver material that is supposed to isolate intenal box sounds from propogating to the outside through the cone. There was also some crossover tweaking as a result and that changed their characteristics a bit too. Overall, the newer "D" is a fair bit cleaner up top, easier to listen to...
Ha! So you're earning a high "A" and ruining the curve for those other failing grade neighbors. Good for you!
That's a good 2 cents (I too am a Mac lover though). I spent lots of time on many different amps and was suprised what I heard (not double black curtain blind though). I admit, I was smitten with the Mac blue needles prior to my final decision. Let's face it, music is an emotional pursuit for many, and the gear that comes with it tends to follow suite. Now my wife, while in the kitchen (very open floor plan) not paying attention would occasionlly speak up and comment...
Wow, Dougl99 - that looks horrible! I've got their ceiling recessed 106" grey tab tensioned screen and haven't had any issues fortunately. The screen is flat, motor works, and image looks good. The tab tensioning is adjustable on these units by rotating the little knobs in the weight bar at the bottom on the ends (for other readers' edification). But your situation looks much worse than one that could be corrected by tab tensioning. If your installers followed the...
Yep, use those or similar sliders as well from Home Depot or Lowes. I'm in tile too. Very handy for moving the subs. Regarding the bottoming out of your SVS, are you running Audyssey? I've noticed on my dual Ultra13 setup in Tron when the young man goes into the machine, and there's a major bass drop, when I have Audyssey on it'll clack on one or both subs, but when Audyssey is off it'll play clean and feels deeper actually. I know Audyssey isn't supposed to boost...
Sealed box subs tend to play very deep, but with a nice gradual roll-off at the bottom end. They can play very nicely with natural room reinforcing bass due to this gradual roll-off. From your description, it sounds like boomy is mid or upper bass and not deep bass being overemphasized. Definitely a room placement issue or acoustic issue with your room/seating position. Usually Aud. will tame these peaks in frequency response, but some are too big to fully tame with...