or Connect

Posts by nadorp

What I really like about 609 is the audyssey dsx - so much better in movies and games than PL IIz. With PL the front heights are almost non existent, while dsx is helping a lot. I am not sure whether this is a PL problem or onkyo's implementation of PL or just my content. But for me dsx is consistently so much better. That is the main reason I chose 609 over denon 1911.
Is this doing anything else apart from detecting the distance, level, polarity and crossover value? I adjusted that anyway to my liking - you can hear your adjustments as you do them so it is really easy through the on screen display. I was put off first by absence of Multi EQ, but I do not care now. Unless I am missing something...
Thanks, I think I overreacted. Manual says analog only. Really not a big deal.
I saw biamp in the menu, but have not tested that. Sound Quality for music is great IMHO playing from iPhone through USB.
I really hope that's not true on 609. Who uses analog sources these days?
I ordered 1911 from amazon and then 609 became available next day. I cancelled the 1911 and ordered the 609 instead. Am very glad I did. Nice to have 6 HDMI (i have xbox, cable, PC with windows media center, Mac with Plex), and an extra HDMI for HD camera. Very happy with sound quality and versatility of Onkyo. I never owned but felt somewhat restrained by Denon with 4 hdmi and relatively limited connectivity. The other important consideration was that 1911 does not...
Received the receiver today - love amazon $4 next day delivery.I am totally blown away - compared to my 2 year old entry level yamaha that had a power down issue. I suspect I might have setup the Yamaha receiver wrong, this is how good 609 is.Very quick to setup, love the on-screen menu, my 5.1 yamaha speakers sound incredible, understands Dolby and DTS that comes from my PC from Creative X-FI sound card (for mkv movies), video adjustments are great.I have a very tall (30...
Just ordered the NR 609 from Amazon for 499. Should receive it on Apr 1 and will report back. Funny the receiver was not available at Amazon until this morning. Yesterday I ordered Denon 1911 and am trying to cancel that order now as I am getting the 609. Denon is great, but the limitations for me (based on reading) were: - does not support 7.1 + 2 zone connection (not sure if 609 supports that - if anyone knows please let me know, otherwise will try when I receive...