or Connect

Posts by golgi15

I am posting this thread so that someone can weigh in on the right acoustic panel material to choose for my bass traps. I have access to the line of Johns Mansville 800 series products which seem to fail in line with other products from Owens Corning. I have attached the performance specifications of the 800 series product line. I have bass traps that will allow me to put 4" of acoustic material in the frames. Cost is a consideration for this project and for that reason...
It really comes down to every time I go to crank up the system and I hear something I don't like I start leaning on the fact that I do not have the lossless format. I will have to start experimenting with different formats to find which one I like along with the THX options enabled/disabled. I really appreciate the efforts to steer me in the right direction.
So I am approaching the end of the remodel of a basement space in to a nice little 18'x12' home theater featuring a nice compliment of Definitive Technology speakers and subwoofers duties by a couple of passive SVS subwoofers. During the course of the process I expanded from a 5.1 system to a 7.1 system. I had everything hooked up and ready to go and the HDMI from the Blu-ray was not passing through my receiver, an Onkyo SR805. HDMI to the projector would run just fine....
Here is the equipment that I am currently running for my subwoofers: -(2) SVS 16-46 CS-Plus passive subwoofers -(1) Crown CE1000 @ 450W/channel @ 4 ohms The Crown CE1000 has no DSP or subsonic filter and I am trying to protect my subwoofers from any possible damage. I would like to run a subsonic filter but I am kind of confused on what the best peice of equipment is to use for this application. So I have the following questions: -Should I use a subsonic filter and at what...
$50 of monoprice cable and four bottles of wine is going to win this battle. I appreciate the help in helping me to make a wise decision.
The speaker cables I speak of are not off the charts expensive, maybe $250 spread across the three of them, so if I can not use them it is not the end of the world. What gauge wire would you recommend to run to the three front channels if I kept the amplifier in the equipment rack? Also, are there any wireless solution that I could use for the link between preamp and amplifier?
I am nearing the end of my home theater project and just got struck with the idea that I want to put my Emotiva 3 channel amplifier in the front of the room to feed my front three channels with the moderatley expensive speaker cables I have already purchased. My equipment rack is near the back of the room and it will require about a 35' run of cable from the preamp to the amplifier.The cable run will not be running over any electrical so it should be free of...
I am posting this message in order to get a response from all the BP700X owners as to what experiences (good or bad) they have had with running Audyssey MultEQXT in their home theater rigs.
I am nearing the completion of my d-i-y home theater and have a quick question concerning bass traps that hopefully all of you out there can help me with. I currently have clothed covered, wood framed panels that straddle the two front corners of my home theater and go from floor to ceiling. They have an 1 1/2" of Linacoustic backing the cloth, not much help acoustically, but every little bit helps. I was originally going to build superchunk bass traps with OC 703 but I...
Does anyone know what the exact internal crossover frequency is from the self amplified subwoofer to the midrange in a BP7004 speaker? I believe that it is 120Hz, but I am no 100% sure in that number.