or Connect

Posts by izza

Thanks for the input but I don't think that's it. It has nothing to do with backlight clouding or flashlighting, it's more like a flicker. It only happens with LED dynamic control on, it doesn't not happen with it off. Immediately after the screen brightens up, certain really bright colors, most common with beige/whites, will flicker to dark grey for a split second before returning to normal. ONLY these colors flicker, none of the rest of the screen. For example in a...
I currently have a possible issue with my new bravia HX850 - basically when LED Dynamic Control is set to standard, parts of the image will flash when the picture quickly transitions from dark to light. It's difficult to explain, but basically the image will be dark/black, something will come on screen, and after it has reached full brightness, certain bright colors and shades will flash to a darker color for a split second. On certain images this will always happen when...
I fixed the tilt correction thing, and found a setting that adds a video channel (OP0 in the service menu), BUT the second channel it adds is added as an S-video channel (which the TV doesn't have). Now I think I need to find a setting that disables a possible s-video input, which I would hope would make the second video channel a plain old video 2. I hope. Haven't gotten any answers so far, but I hope this one request is a bit simpler.
Also now I apparently only have one video channel (I had two). Heh, ain't nothing like this happened before. Picture looks better than it ever has but... oh dear :S
I've been fiddling with the service menu of an old sony tv trying to adjust its massive overscan problem, and couldn't get the sides of the image to actually be anything near straight. So I reset the service menu (by pressing 5, which caused "initial" to be displayed, then 0 to enter), and was able to adjust the settings from here and now it's just fine. But somehow the option for tilt correction from the regular menu is gone, and for the life of me I can't figure out...