or Connect

Posts by Cloggerdude

Not really, since my den has no windows, but I could take some "lights on" and "lights off" pics.
No...not really, haha. There's just not been much buzz about this tv for some reason, even on these forums. I think everyone would be going crazy for it if it weren't for the pentile screen, but the mere mention of that aspect of the set just seems to shut people down. That being said, I actually own one and I'm very pleased with it. The pentile screen is noticeable (to me), but only if you are going to have a seating distance of < 10 feet. Even then, it's not the worst...
Oh right, forgot this question. I would say that it is fairly close to the VT60 in brightness; maybe just a whee bit less bright overall. I feel like my ST50 may be a smidge brighter as well. The biggest factor though is the coating on the VT60. As I said before, if you have the H5000 in a bright room, it is really going to washout and have bad reflections. That being said, I wouldn't have put my VT60 in my living room (big windows) either, so it's not that big of a deal.
I haven't noticed any instances of floating blacks, but I also never really noticed them on the VT60 or the 500M. As far as I've heard, those sets didn't have those issues anyway though, right?I can't really compare the H5000 to the F8500, but I doubt I would pick the H5000 if they were the same price. The VT60 was subjectively "sharper", so I would have definitely kept that if I had the option. That being said, this one was $1,000 cheaper and also didn't have extremely...
Got my H5000 in as well yesterday. As rmbrady mentioned, this set is extremely reflective. I actually had a 65VT60 before this, which I had to end up taking back because of burn-in, and it did a MUCH better job with reflections. Overall though, I'm really impressed with the set. I sit about 9' away from it currently and I am hard pressed to notice the pentile effect at all. Some others with better eyes than me might be able to, but it would have to still be subtle. The...
Why are you yelling at me? =(
Not exactly the case with the H5000. Go checkout the review at: http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/pn64h5000-201403143657.htmLooks like it's a quite nice improvement over the 5300.
Review is up for this at HDTVTest: http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/pn64h5000-201403143657.htm I'd been holding off for this review to come out, but as soon as I read it I placed my order on Amazon. Yes, the pixel structure is a bit wonky, but I don't think anything else in this price range is going to touch it. Add in the fact that I don't have to have 3D and could care less about Smart functionality, and we have a winner.
Haha, yeah, I realized the irony of my statement about thread bias after I finished my post.You're right about my viewing environment: Basement with no windows. While I do definitely end up comparing everything to my 500M, I'm okay with lighter black levels to an extent. I know that, side by side, the VT60 is going to win out, but is the F8500 able to hold its own when it isn't sitting next to a VT60? I assume so, but it would be nice to hear what other people think about...
Can anyone else elaborate on this point? I've read a lot of the reviews, but is the F8500 really just as good at the VT60? I had a Pioneer 500M, so I'm big on black levels. Is the F8500 at least close?I purchased a VT60 open box and, after a week of slides/pixel flipper/etc, I have still not really made a dent in the IR of my set. At this point, I'm pretty much thinking that it's burn-in, so I'm considering returning the VT60. If there were any more VT60's available in my...