or Connect

Posts by Phrehdd

I'll take everything you say as being a positive but I'll alsos say that Tom B's co-host is not my cup of tea. Where we both certainly agree is we enjoy the show, dancing and I'll add though the show is scripted, it is somewhat a reality show and a very positive and constructive one at that.
I am glad the show is doing well. I do feel that the change is not an improvement (my taste/opinion of course) and it remains to be seen if the changes are the reason for gathering audience or the choice of stars. Thanks for the thoughtful response/comment and point taken.
I guess the show is taking its toll and having to "refresh" itself this season. This happens to a lot of shows like this and honestly, most of the changes are not improvements but merely replacements. The band, Tom B's co-host and some format changes all seem to be mediocre at best. It almost feels like the show is downsizing. What I do like is watching the dancing and seeing how the performers improve and of course, my all time favourite - the better Tangos. It might be...
I am glad that Pentax remains in the game. Years ago, I used both the Pentax 6x7 and 645 cameras on a few shoots. Pentax continues to work are remain being relevant and this camera looks like it will give its counterparts a run for the money. I will admit that for serious work, getting a video camera makes more sense than a still image camera that can do movies. However, like everything else, the lines are getting blurred rather quickly and hopefully all of us remain the...
This movie brings back lots of memories. At the time, I lived in Hollywood and this film was forced to move to a theater across the street by another movie that happened to be named - Star Wars. My friends and I really liked the sound track to The Sorcerer. It was a time when Tangerine Dream and Kraftverk (sp?) were starting to ride high. Btw, the theaters involved were the famous Chinese Theater and the Paramount (later renamed to El Capitan). As for the movie, I...
Thanks - I'll try a cold boot (unplug and replug in the power). I have to admit this was very weird.
If anyone could help it would be extremely appreciated - When I went to use my Oppo today, the remote behaved very strange. I was at the Main Menu and went to move over to "network" and for some reason it started scrolling (left to right) continuously. Similar happened when I was reviewing files scrolling continuously from top to bottom. While I know that holding down the control can do this, my finger was off the control. I have not spilled anything on the remote nor...
Why Denon X4000? What type of media do you play? (LP, CD, 96/24 flac or....) Do you prefer ribbon tweeters, dome or ...? High or low efficiency speaker preference? What genres of music do you mostly listen to? The list goes on that you should realize before making your "best sounding speaker" purchase.
The quest for the "right speaker" set up can be troublesome. All I can tell you is what I did and a few thoughts added - In my case, I opted to get front left and right speakers and a third speaker identical to the left and right "bookshelf" speakers. I got decent speakers so that I could listen to my music and get a nice effect for watching movies. Later, I opted to complete my system of speakers. My additional purchases came months later and the final set up gave me a...
I did a bit of skimming through some of the facets of H.265 and it appears that 1080p quality media (using H.265) can easily be played back via software with the appropriate codec and did not great requirements of the hardware processor. Let's hope that Roku, Amazon and even ATV will sooner or later get on the bandwagon to handle H.265. I did also manage to read that hardware to handle H.265 can also deal with H.264. All we can do is look forward and see how well things...