or Connect

Posts by rrrrrrobert

obeone- Don't know if you'll be checking back here again, but if you do, I'm curious. . . Is this the video. . . http://www.metacafe.com/watch/762088...ought_amazing/ Same video at YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWQhlmJTMzw . . .and did it work? Anyway, it didn't surprise me that this antenna (in the videos I linked to above) uses eight rabbit-ear-like V-shaped elements. Round loops just don't seem to work well for digital TV. Unfortunately, TPT (PBS here...
I may be able to help you. . .I've had 9.1, 17.2, 17.3, and 17.4 disappear on Comcast. Upon further investigation, I found they were carried on QAM frequency 129, the highest frequency used for the clear QAM channels here in Minneapolis. My home is still wired with old RG-59 cable from the early 1980's, which has too much signal strength drop off at that high frequency. (Many people in Minneapolis have had their cable upgraded to RG-6 when they get broadband or digital...
obeone - I'm in south Minneapolis about 10 miles from the towers and every attempt with a loop antenna gave me horrible results. After a LOT of experimenting with the old antennas I had sitting around, I found what seemed to work best for me (for digital OTA) was straight, telescoping antennas (single or a "rabbit ears" pair), fully extended, placed horizontally, and perpendicular to the direction of the towers. (When I used a pair, they were approximately parallel,...
I'm over 48 hours behind on this thread, so I don't know much about what's been discussed lately except that partsman_ba got a DTVPal at Sears Before I catch up on my reading, I wanted to direct your attention to a little piece I posted elsewhere. The focus of most analysis so far has been trying to answer the question "What conditions cause the timer bug to make timer settings disappear, or, when they don't disappear, alter the channel that was set?" (At least,...
There are a few reports of sightings at Radio Shack, but you shouldn't count on it being at your local RS yet, and it may never get there. Apparently it will be making it to Sears stores within a few weeks or months. (Look back in this thread a few pages for details; there's also a "DTVPal, Local Sightings?" thread.)
It doesn't matter if I set one event or all five. It depends on the channel I put into the timer. For example, on my HDTV/VCR DTVPal, 29.2 (029-02) will always shift to 23.1 (023-01), never disappear. 41.3 (041-03) will always disappear, never shift to another channel. My Kitchen DTVPal behaves differently because the channels were added in a different order. 29.2 (029-02) will always shift to 2.2 (002-02), never disappear. On either DTVPal, about half of the...
. . . and, speaking of "proper" TV Guide data, although I don't have a "guide-enabled device," I have been having weird issues with my DTVPal timers. A channel set in a timer can be replaced with another channel. Or, in some cases, the timer disappears. I've gone into great detail about this bug elsewhere, and figured out many things about it, but not why it happens to me and not to others. That's what I'm trying to figure out now. I live in Minneapolis, a city with a...
Don't know why those subchannels were added, but they can be deleted from the Channel List if you decide to. Wikipedia has more info about that station: ( link )
Yes, it's true, timers can get deleted, or at least "disappear." It has happened to me. In the last part of the post that failed to work earlier, I was asking uniquelyme to do a test to see if the problem he is experiencing comes from the same bug as my problems. The bug that affects me (but can't always be reproduced by others, especially where all signal strengths are good, all station times are accurate, and the local CBS affiliate isn't doing something "suspicious" ...
While I'm here, I'll let everyone in on this "secret": This is the signature I've had set up since April, but never displayed until now: =============== I get 16 analog channels vs. 10 digital (but 6 stay low-power analog). 23 subch. - 3 SD dupes = 20. Total 16 pre-DTV, 26 after. Cities get PQ & choice while rrrrrrural friends feel rrrrrripped off? =============== The format may look a little familiar to some of you. It was tough squeezing all that in with the...