or Connect

Posts by csworldwide1

Let's hope Me-TV (WWME-LD feed) signs on WFBN 33.1 soon. But that's sad another AccuWeather affiliate bites the dust after ABC dropped it almost two years ago.
Well as of last month, WLS-TV is now operating its new 1 million watt transmitter on RF 44 (in a directional pattern) from the Sears Tower. The VHF 7 frequency is still going on from the Hancock. From this last STA message, the station wants to keep it on until at least mid-January (after the holidays). But the official STA ends on March 25. WOOD-TV in Grand Rapids will really be thrilled when WLS turns off 7.Yeah at when WLS turns off VHF 7 completely, all its left of...
And now the Channel 11 has posted this message to remind viewers to re-scan their tuners to receive its new 'one million watt transmitter' at around 1pm next Monday afternoon. Say goodbye to channel 11 and enjoy the new RF 19.
And the one week extension was quickly approved today. Now lets see if CBS 11 will be doing promos when they finally light up the new RF 19 fac. and kill RF 11 for good next Monday Morning.
I just checked out the FCC site and it appears that KTVT wants to file another STA to continue dual operations on channels 11 & 19. The difference with this is that they want a one week extension. Could this mean the end of KTVT on RF 11 is near the horizon?? Here's the STA reasoning notice. Also, the station filed a license to cover on its new RF 19 facilities today as well.
You can add Nexstar's KFDX/KJTL in Wichita Falls to the list. The duo have been in HD since late July from this video post, courtesy of its Youtube page. Two stations also have new logos to accomodate with the HD launch. Also, In Kansas, Digital Widescreen KSNW 3 in Wichita, switched to High Definition on July 17, 2011. KSNW sister station KSNT 27 in Topeka, along with KTKA 49 & KTMJ 43 have been operating in HD since October 8, 2012. Plus, News-Press & Gazette's new...
I said this earlier on another post but I'll also post this here. I live in the Chi, but several months ago, I read that Me-TV would come to WFBN-LD (formerly W33AR), as per this notice on the Me-TV site, but they haven't stated an exact date on when that will come to effect. Then I'd seen this on another site that Telemundo Wisconsin would occupy WFBN from this pic. So I don't know if either Me-TV or Telemundo or both would occupy WFBN. I'm hoping Me-TV would use the...
I live in the Chi, but several months ago, I read that Me-TV would come to WFBN-LD (formerly W33AR), as per this notice on the Me-TV site, but they haven't stated an exact date on when that will come to effect. Then I'd seen this on another site that Telemundo Wisconsin would occupy WFBN from this pic. So I dunno if eiter Me-TV or Telemundo or both would occupy WFBN. I'm hoping Me-TV would use the WWME feed, should the network come to WFBN. Telemundo Wisconsin is already...
No, I mention that it would be a somber moment once WLS turns off RF 7 for good because of the obvious historic overtones on being on that frequency. I didn't mean its somber for anyone who would finally get WLS with that 1 million blow-torch and the other things you have mentioned. I know WOOD-TV will be pleased to finally see WLS leave channel 7 for obvious reasons.
Both RF 7 & 44 frequencies are operating as we speak from their backups at the Hancock. What they'd hooked up yesterday was a new RF 44 antenna from the Sears Tower, which whenever they get every connected and light that baby up, it will be going the full 1 million watts.Also from WLS latest STA extension request which filed last week and got the OK within a couple of days, it states that WLS will keep RF 7 on throughout the upcoming holiday season so they can do another...