or Connect

Posts by Duck05

Took less than 5 days for them to turn around the "repair" on my drive. All the report said was "cleaned contaminated drive" and passed all tests. Not sure what the contamination was but it has been playing fine since the return. Can't say enough about how well they handle issues. Hope they remain in business for a long, long time.
Sent am email request to Oppo Support on my 103 issue and had two exchanges over the weekend; they had me try a few things (that did not resolve the issue) and then I got the RMA shipper today. Will be dropped off at the UPS store tomorrow. These guys waste no time and I am confident the player will be repaired and home soon....
You can either "learn" any new commands under your old device or create a new device and replace the old TV in your activities.I recommend the latter as rerunning the activity setup wizard is not that bad; the process keeps a lot of your setup intact. Try it on a less used activity to see if it is acceptable to you or not...
Sorry to say my 103 is not playing any Bluray's successfully and will need a trip to Mountain View.... About half way through any disk it starts to freeze and then "stutters" it way through the video. Playing the same disks on the 83 are no problem. Pretty consistent....
"...never heard of the problem.." ?????? Wow..... Exactly why they are a joke..... I was without my unit for almost 3 months since all of the repair centers ran out of replacement cards.... (a couple of years back...) You may have to try the micro-processor reset but unless you have your configuration backed up AND after the reset the network comes alive (needed to restore the backup) you will lose all of your settings - may not be worth it ......
If it is Amex Ex, typically they refund you the cost of the unit so you can then go buy whatever you want to replace it... My already-replaced-once 4310 network card failed but I really have drifted away from even caring about it. As long as the video processing does not fail or other areas of the receiver are not impacted I will be good. I have other devices (Roku2, Oppo 103) that have superior networking features/functions so as long as the 4310 does it's switching and...
If the regular Direct TV remote behaves the same way then it would not be the H1 (just punch in the channel number as the H1 is doing). There may be a setup or options menu in the Direct TV box that could make it go away... Check there first....
It may be "bad luck" but your HDMI comment is interesting. First I have heard that a suspect HDMI cable would be tied to the player hanging. The cable runs into the Denon and passed through unmolested so there are two cables in that path. I just recently swapped the 103 (which was in the bedroom to start) with the 83 in the family room rack. The 83 displayed occasional hangs with Netflix rental BluRay discs (NEVER a rented DVD) but we only watch the rentals in the family...
Okay, read the notes so no mysteries now..... LOL.Thanks, Bill. I have followed your comments and input for years on the OPPO threads so it must be something in the air at my house that both the 83 and 103 do not seem to like Netflix Bluray discs.... Hope you had a nice Xmas and have a safe New Year....
On my 103 seems it is very sensitive to rental (Netflix) Bluray discs and it there is even a slight smudge or scratch it hangs up during play. The 83 had similar challenges. Often a thorough cleaning of the disc clears up the issue but sometimes not. Are the pickups that sensitive? Just loaded the new firmware update this morning on the 103 but did not read the notes as yet what it fixed......