or Connect

Posts by wfay

I have already located and diagrammed etc all wires that have both ends exposed somewhere (such as behind a faceplate etc). That is no issue and it has been done 100% with my existing tools. Now I have multiple sets of wires in the distribution area which simply disappear into the walls, and never appear anywhere. If I had a clue where the ends were, I would cut holes in the drywall and put in a proper box etc. This is exactly the challenge. Does there exist a product...
I purchased a home a bit ago and have made good progress tracing most of the wiring (multiple cat5 runs and a single coax line in each room, all terminating in roughly the same spot in the basement) that I can acces without cutting holes in the walls. None of it was diagrammed or labelled and almost none were terminated with jacks and faceplates, but that has been corrected. I have a bit of trouble with the whole house audio as it has not only been totally undocumented...
I have perhaps an odd requirement for my basement AV area. In general, we use that area for TV, Movies, and gaming. My Onkyo HT-RC360 is set up down there and optimized for these uses. I also have a Yamaha RX-V567 in another TV area. But then 3 or 4 times a week, my wife and/or I pop down to spend 30-60 mins on the treadmill and elliptical. Our exercise equipment is directly under the left rear (ceiling-installed) speaker and I have to either: 1. adjust the speaker...
I called Infinity and their level 2 tech support suggested the Infinity ERS110 which utilizes the same (or a very similar) MMD technology used in the Primus set in a ceiling-mounted configuration. Supposedly this is a pretty good match for the P363. There's also the CS60R but it has a poly laminate/rubber woofer and, while it would work, it might not match as well. Still appreciate any comments from the peanut gallery. I can't be the only one running in-ceiling...
Looking for any recommendations you may have on some in-ceiling speakers for surround duty that will be a good match for my Infinity Primus P363/PC351 system in the front and a Boston 12in sub. The original owner of my home had some On-Q/Legrand MS1650 evoQ (6.5in two-way) speakers already installed and I'm planning on just pulling those down and putting something new in its place. The evoQ's work but they are nothing very special -- the manufacturer says these are...
We moved to a Mediacom area and I have problems with the HDMI connection to the STB (whole house dvr, various Pace boxes here and there). The video always works but the audio rarely does. I tried the latest firmware (v1.26) and no change. Panasonic tech support suggested unplugging it all, powering it all down, then turning it back on etc and seeing if that helped but of course it didn't. Tried swapping hdmi cables with no change. So now I just watch cable over component...
Might as well include the possibility that I will at some point move the 500M to another room and put a tv that supports 3d in its place. So I guess I might as well ask that while I'm here too. If this simply cannot be easily arranged with a splitter, I assume there is a switch that I could get instead that would give me 1 in, 2 out and then I'd just switch between displays. So if I was using a 3d source it would get passed thru properly to the 3d hdtv etc, right? If so,...
Seems like a pretty simple question... I have a Pioneer 500M (plus stand/speakers) in a built-in cabinet downstairs in my media area and just bought an Epson 8350 projector and motorized screen to mount in front of it. HDTV will be the general use display and then we'll turn on the projector for movies and events. Neither display supports 3d and the projector does not support audio of any kind. Both displays support 1080p and 1.3a (or b?) but probably not 1.4. I have...
I would add some dimmers, they are rather inexpensive and will dramatically improve the experience.
Well we have a nice built-in entertainment center on that wall already with a Pioneer KURO 50in plasma. The 8350 will be for when we want to watch on an even larger screen. So I can't really cover up that area permanently. I may even do a hidden ceiling drop since the joists are lined up the right way for it (and in the right spot). I like the fixed screen approach it just won't work here.