or Connect

Posts by 300ohm

Yep, I too got the $98 Walmart set with the $9 protection plan. (paid for it on black thursday, got it december 20. If I had gotten it a lousy 3 days later, I would have gotten a $25 gift certificate, damn them, since I waited so long, I could have waited another week too.) The way I figure it, no way are they gonna be able to fix it if it breaks for less than $100, heh. So, if it breaks in less than 2 years, well get our money back. (I tend to think in cost per ownership...
The top one looks like a Channel Master.The middle uhf one is definitely a Radio Shack U-100. Page 95 of the 1986 RS catalog here:http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/catalogs/1986/The bottom one looks like it could be made by AntennaCraft (who also makes Radio Shack antennas).It is a weird antenna, with what looks like 1 director, a folded dipole and 2 reflectors. Judging by its size, it looks to be resonating above channel 13 vhf and well below channel 14 uhf, so maybe some...
LOS means you have Line Of Sight clear to the transmitter. In a valley, tilting the antenna to aim for the top of the hill usually helps.The plastic may have some metallic content in it.
Or since there is only two directions to be concerned with, two separate coax downleads from two different antennas into an A-B switch at the TV. The 7698P for Chicago and a cheap 4 bay bowtie for LOS. Preamp the Chicago antenna, but not the LOS antenna. An A-B switch is a lot faster at changing directions 180 degrees than a rotor, heh. And cheaper (and more reliable) to.If youre willing to build your own custom antenna, you could make do with just one. Because your LOS...
Yep, although Vhf-low channels (if you have any) will bend around the curve of the earth a bit for a few more miles. Ads that claim more mileage are either outright lying or were tested on mountain tops, heh.Also, not the most sensitive of the converter box tuners. The Zenith/Insignia and the Apex DT501/502 are better.
Nope, not really. That antenna has roughly about 6 dbd uhf and 2 dbd vhf-hi in gain. It does have a built in rotor and preamp, but of questionable build quality/noise which probably wont last long after the minimal warranty.The Winegard 7698P specs are here: http://www.winegarddirect.com/viewitem.asp?d=winegard-hd-7698p-high-definition-vhfuhf-hd769-series-tv-antenna-(hd7698p)&p=hd7698pIts very good build quality but does not come with a rotor or preamp. A quality preamp...
I have, but I sealed in an old broom stick handle in it with polyurethane glue. Unless you already have the broom stick and polyurethane glue (which goes bad fairly quickly if not used) on hand, its cheaper to buy galvanized EMT pipe for a mast.
Ah good, thanks, a perfect waveform example. Does the signal meter on it display numbers or just a bar ?
??? From the Video Lan documentation:Then use a picture resizer to reduce the picture so it will fit on these bulletin boards.