or Connect

Posts by Saturn94

Love it!
Lol....it would have to be MUCH later!
Furniture sliders are great for moving heavy subs around. They're an absolute must have for my 230lb PSA Triax!
Yes, an unsmoothed graph will reveal areas that need tweaking to give a smoother looking graph, but will this result in better sound over tweaking to achieve a flat response using 1/6th (or 1/12th, or whatever) smoothing?Like I said, users here keep saying you must tweak to an unsmoothed graph, but I've yet to read any hard unbiased evidence that shows a flat unsmoothed graph sounds any better than a flat 1/6th (or whatever smoothing may better reflect how we actually...
Mmmmm ......cookies.......
Did a bit of searching and found this; http://media.paisley.ac.uk/~campbell/AASP/Aspects%20of%20Human%20Hearing.PDF Here's the part that seems to relate to the discussion of hearing resolution; "Critical Band As with any frequency analysis system there are limits to the ability of human hearing to discriminate between two frequencies that are close to each other. Two pure tone signals whose frequencies differ by a small amount will be heard as one tone (or beats or...
Very nice! Yes, according to some that should know these things, including Tom V, 1/6th smoothing better reflects what we actually hear.While I've seen this recommendation many times here from other enthusiasts, is there a scientific bases to an unsmoothed response graph reflecting what we actually hear?If your looking for great sound, then nothing. If a prettier graph, well, keep working on those squiggles.
Do it!
Please keep us posted.As someone who is looking for a potential replacement for my AVM20, I've been following this thread with great interest. I must admit there are some things I'm reading here that are giving me pause; bass issues, broken Anthem Logic modes, muting issues, lack of response to email inquiries (back when I bought my AVM20 in 2003, Anthem was very responsive to emails; has that changed?).My "local" dealer (1.5hr drive each way), only offers a 7 day return...