or Connect

Posts by staindrocks

The SR575 must be a little different, because i don't have a "Monitor Out" option. I can assign my HDMI input to a corresponding button on my receiver, but that's it. The only other option i see is a "digital input" button, and i can press it to cycle through the following options: CBL :OPT1 CBL :OPT2 CBL :---- CBL :COAX1 CBL :COAX2 Of course, when i also run an optical cable(in addition to HDMI), i get sound by selecting "CBL :OPT1". Is it possible that my...
Thanks for the speedy reply, guys! I'll try it out and see how it goes. Also, i forgot to ask something else. I have an audio receiver that has HDMI passthrough, and i want to run both my ps3 and STB through my Onkyo TX-SR575, and on to my KRP. When i did this, i found out that i don't get any sound to the speakers. Why? I thought HDMI carries both the video and audio signals. So why do i need to still use an optical cable for the audio? Is there a way to do it...
I just recently finished breaking in my KRP-500m with the D-Nice Break-In settings, and all went well. I then changed all my settings to the D-Nice post break-in "reference settings". For the first couple days after this, i hooked up my ps3 only. I also followed D-Nice's suggested settings for krp/ps3 hookup, which are: KRP RGB 16-235 PS3 Colorspace: RGB RGB: Limited Superwhite: On They seemed to work fine, and i didn't notice any problems with the...
Just wanted to add that i got mine about a week ago, delivered by R&L Carriers. Checked with a flashlight, just like i was told by the seller, and didn't see any cracks. Later, i hooked it up to run the D-Nice break-in and saw that i had what looked like either 3 dead or stuck pixels. I was so disappointed! Although i know that i'd most likely never notice them when watching real world content, i still was really hoping for a pixel perfect panel. I ran the break-in,...
Thanks for the replies, guys. Since i am so new to audio, does anyone have some suggested reading for me? I know that there has to be a wealth of info here on the forums, as well as other forums, but are there any specific links that could help streamline my search. There's just so many threads, that i'm not sure where to start. And despite my obvious lack of knowledge, are the proven builds such that one could just follow the instructions word for word and still...
I will start by saying that i'm a noob with not just diy speakers, but on audio altogether. I've kinda been going through a natural progression over the last few years, which has ultimately led me here. I started off with seeing my first hdtv, and ever since then i've been obsessed with high quality video. Not long after purchasing my first plasma, i discovered the world of hi-def front projection. So i purchased my first projector, which was only 720p. Not long after...
I've also been researching for a new FP, and from what i've read, i'm pretty much sold on the krp500. I've seen a few places online selling for a price i could afford, but barely. But then i discovered the authorized dealer/warranty thing, and the sites that have this lower price aren't authorized dealers. The best price i've found from an authorized dealer is about $400-$500 more than the ones who aren't authorized dealers. D-Nice, could you maybe send me a PM,...
Finally!!! Thanks, guys, for all the help. After going to 5 different stores(3 hardware store & 2 auto stores), i finally hit pay-dirt on my 6th store(hardware store:"Fastenal"). They had one 3FT piece of 6M-1 threaded rod left, and after buying it and bringing it home, i can confirm that it's the correct size for my W5K. Thanks again for all the knowledge!
I don't know if you read my post a few posts ago, but that's what i thought i got. But it turns out that i got the wrong size, and i don't know what size to get?
Thanks for the explanation, shinksma. And here i thought i did buy metric threaded rods. So, do you know if lowes carries metric screws(M6-1) that i could cut off at about 3-4 inches(just keep the threaded part)? I don't know if i want to chance hanging a 21lb. pj by 4 threaded rods that don't really fit right.