or Connect

Posts by DustyMonkey1

I want to upgrade to a full surround sound system with a receiver. I have a Blu-Ray player, an HD cable box and Apple TV so they would all need to be connected to the receiver via HDMI and then ran to the TV. My question is this - does connecting everything through a receiver and then going to the TV degrade picture quality at all?
Yes, it's through an AVR. The sub just gets awful sound. All the sound seems to be sent to the front speakers and I barely get an boom at all. It's not connected with RCA jacks - it's connected with black and red speaker wire.
I have Samsung, model number HT-D6730W.
I have my subwoofer sent at highest volume, but I barely get an boom out of it at all. It's as if bass is being sent to my front speakers. How can I prevent this? Do I just lower the volume of the front speakers?
I have the the Samsung 7.1 home theater in a box system, model number HT-D6730W. The sub SUCKS. I barely get any bass out of it at all. It's on the highest setting volume level. It seems that all my bass is sent to my front speakers. How do I correct this? How do I prevent bass from being sent to the front speakers?
I have the Samsung 7.1 home theater in a box system, model number HT-D6730W. I want to buy a better subwoofer because the one that came with this system SUCKS. It barely outputs any bass at the highest volume setting. Can I buy any subwoofer to use with this system? I should mention this is a passive subwoofer. Can I use a powered subwoofer with this? Would the bass be better?
I have the Samsung 7.1 home theater in a box system, model number HT-D6730W. I want to buy a better subwoofer because the one that came with this system SUCKS. It barely outputs any bass at the highest volume setting. Can I buy any subwoofer to use with this system? I should mention this is a passive subwoofer. Can I use a powered subwoofer with this? Would the bass be better?
This is the conclusion I have come to. When I sit closer to the TV in my TV chair, 0 sharpness looks better for sure - looks more natural. At night when I watch TV from my bed (which is about 10-12 feet from the TV) 0 is too soft and I don't see any details, so when I set it to 15 it looks good from that viewing distance and I don't see any artifacts. I have noticed text looks less jagged when it's at 0. I use Air Play a lot with my Apple TV, and it's very apparent using...
I did use the Disney WOW disc today but it didn't really help me. Maybe it's my eyes but I just couldn't understand what I was looking for.
Anyone have a link to a good test pattern I can use to set my sharpness? I mirror my Mac to my Apple TV and can set it on my TV that way. I can't seem to find anything using Google.