or Connect

Posts by jdoughertyiv

Any update on the availability of the wavequides? Kicking myself for waiting.....
Like I said this is going a lot faster than expected FWIW I'm 6'2''. Now I'm just waiting on some OC703 and then they'll be closed up. In regards to EQ, I do have Audyssey MultEQ and am going to try that. I do, however, still intend to get measurement equipment and a more robust EQ solution for these so the question remains; what are the advantages of the DCX over the feedback destroyers, especially when used with REW? I'm fairly new to EQ/Measurement so I...
So now that I've got my kits and am putting them together, I'm starting to think about what EQ to use. The Behringer DCX2496 seems to be a pretty popular choice, but then I found that REW supports the Behringer Feedback Destroyer Pro DSP1124P and FBQ2496. Can anyone advise which would be better to EQ a pair of DTS-10's (powered by an EP4000)? What advantages does the DCX have over the FDP's? As a side note, these things are MUCH easier to put together than I...
I agree, though I previously had the understanding that the lower freq's needed EQ to fix, and that the absorption was for a higher pitched sound that was more of an artifact of the enclosure topology and couldn't really be EQ'd out... a bit unsure now. Anyone care to explain a bit more to my confused self? Maybe someone from Danley even?
It's described in this post - I don't know if anyone actually figured out the exact frequency of the ringing, but it looks like OC703 was a good solution. Does anyone know if the velocity in the horn is enough to necessitate the covering of the fiberglass or cotton? Edit: Found a post from the man himself explaining a bit.
Thanks for chiming in Penn! From what I understand we're not going after low frequency absorption. I may be way off, but what I'm getting from all this is that the goal is to tame some extraneous upper frequency sounds that are produced, absorbing them along the horn path before they exit the mouth. I think this is why cotton (or the fiberglass I suggested) is being used, for absorption, not dampening. I'm pretty new to this so feel free to tell me if I'm wrong...
Thanks boothman, I did look there but was put off by the quantities. Good to know they'll do cuts for a fee I'll have to give them a call. I found ATS Acoustics brand 3-pound rigid fiberglass, the data they show looks pretty good for the higher frequencies we're going after. Is this a good solution for the areas along the horn path identified for treatment?
I've ordered two kits that are about to ship (I got my order in about 4:59pm the day of the deadline) and have gathered everything needed for assembly other than some extra absorption for inside the cabinet. Can anyone offer an opinion of which is better, OC703 or Acoustic Cotton? I am also curious if anyone knows a supplier that sells in a quantity that would be appropriate for 2 DTS-10's, I've searched, but I don't think I'd need a whole box of 12 1" sheets. I'm in...
First of all, thanks to the OP for all the hard work! It is great to see that things are coming to fruition. I've been lurking for awhile as I piece together the audio for my home theater in the making. I've got a pair of DTS-10's on the way, and am considering building some no quarters for the mains (and possibly surrounds). I then came across Tweak City Audio and their Pro-10's. They are in the same price range, although not DIY, so they piqued my interest. They...
+1! It would be really helpful to know that a warning of the end of the kit's availability would be issued, giving us one last chance to get in on this.