or Connect

Posts by jimbotron

I previously owned an 83, and currently use a 93. I'm thinking about upgrading to a 103. Could someone let me know the improvements of the 103 over the 93? I know about the main features like 4K upscaling, but I thinking in terms of load speeds, drive noise, video file compatibility, etc.
I got my replacement copy today. The fade for Scuttle's intro has been restored, and Part of Your World has been fixed. The "Walt Disney Pictures Presents" credit is still too early though. The "Produced in Association with Silver Screen Partners IV" credit is still removed.
The lines look the same to me.
It's minor, but very sloppy. At the end of "Part of Your World" they mess up the order of two shots. It creates a pretty ugly continuity error, not to mention seeing Ariel's lips moving with no sound. You can read about it in the Little Mermaid thread.
Cinderella and The Little Mermaid beg to differ...
Of greatest concern, however, is the lack of natural-looking grain. Mr. Kaiser spoke of receiving a master that had been "de-noised by an outside vendor". Hm, de-noised by an outside vendor? I wonder if HTV-Illuminate got yet another job? Patton, Phantom Menace, BTTF, TNG Season 2.....
Ugh, I was really looking forward to this, but it just got a piss-poor video score from Blu-ray.com (2.5 out of 5) and the screenshots speak for themselves.
I've owned a BDP-93 since launch, but I've never played a 3D Blu-ray. When I get BD box sets, I often sell off the 3D disc for $20+, because I hate 3D. Anyway, I see that for Top Gun, the picture quality on the remastered 3D version is superior to the recycled 2D disc. So my question - will the BDP-93 allow me to watch the 3D disc in 2D mode (I do not own a 3D TV) with no issues or picture downgrade? Do these discs prevent you from doing so? Thanks
Season 1 was 6 discs. Counting EAF as two episodes, the discs were split 4/5/5/5/5/2.Season 2 is 5 discs, and split 5/4(+extended episode)/5/5/3.
TrekCore is now confirming that HTV will not be involved in season 4:http://tng.trekcore.com/bluray/29112012_fxguide.htmlSo, pretty good news, I guess. They still seem to have not learned their lesson though. Outsourcing the effects work again just means that CBS is acknowledging that HTV was a bad idea, but that there's no inherent problem with outsourcing.