or Connect

Posts by futureboy

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm in the process of doing the same thing and there is something important to note with digital converter boxes.From what I could find, your Digital Stream converter box will NOT simply convert the signal and pass it through. It does not pass the signal through like a VCR. This is very important because, that means you can't hook your DVR up to the converter box and simply expect your DVR to tune the channels. You would have to tune...
Before I attempted this repair, I called a local mirror and glass shop. They recommended using RTV Silicone. It can be purchased at an auto supply store. It is typically used to bond parts in engines and can withstand very high heat. I bought the tube below for approx $5.00 It is an EXCELLENT substance to work with. It almost has the consistency of toothpase. I was able to apply it easily with a very controlled spread. In addition, it is gray so I knew...
SuperGoop, JohdD393 (and all), Thanks for the great pics and info! The cardboard insert was incredibly helpful and the measurement of 3/16" was dead on. I used it as a sort-of "handle" while doing the repair. Anyone can do this repair, just take it slowly, and use all the great tips in this thread and the other great light tube repair thread. IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have a light tube issue (without dust blobs), you do not need to remove the lens. See the...
So what are the real advantages of the W over the M? I'm thinking of buying my girlfirend a mp3 player. I'm not sure if I should get her an "M" or buy myself a "W" and give her the "M." Why is the "W" better?
Has anyone had any experience with SageTV, Beyond TV or Media Portal? I'm building a DVR for my mom. She has OTA antenna. I'm planning on installing a Hauppauge HVR-1600. SageTV has a bundle with pre-configured remote, so I'm leaning toward that. But Media Portal is freeware, and who doesn't like that? However, I've tried to install Media Portal on one of my own machines, but I could never get it to tune channels or get any signal. Maybe it's because it...
I sent you a PM, if by some chance you (or anyone else on this forum in the Chicago area) have these chairs for sale, let me know! Thanks!