or Connect

Posts by markgca

I think the 60" said the same thing, TS01if that a good panel or a bad panel?
I have no clue what the 60" was since I didn't think it would be an issue. im not sure which panel the 55" is either though; how do you tell? as for the april date, I got it from amazon just a couple days ago; what month should I have received? im ready to send it back anyway....
disclaimer; i don't know much about these sets, i just know what looks good and what doesn't. our 8 yr old Samsung 56" DLP set started to die so instead of replacing the color wheel (again) we decided to get a new set. I bought a UN60F8000, got it home, unpacked it. Although the stand made it impossible for us to keep (way too wide for our furniture) the picture was AMAZING. This is the BEST picture i have EVER seen in a television, bar none. Some of the shows we...
.I posted in the wrong area by mistake
Thanks! so the main button that doesn't work is 'exit'. so I programmed it up to 00099 - it seems to have taken the change, but doesn't control the box. so it must be some other number. Just to make sure there is no confusion: the remote that came with the new box is a XR2 version R2 the remote Comcast says will also work is the Comcast Universal Remote - Platinum/Dark Silver the remote I have is the Comcast Universal Remote - Red OK/Select Button all of these names...
I was having a signal problem, so I ended up talking to a tech he told me the old/grey remote is compatible with X1. im not sure which remote that is since I don't have one, but....thought that might help with the codes.
Progress, thanks! I had to unlock the remote, but found that code on the wiki you cited then I entered the code you gave 01982 and most of the keys work. two exceptions so far; one is a key I had reprogrammed to do a fast forward, but now I want it 'default' the other is the on demand key. is there a way to restore just ONE key to its default? or do I have to default the entire remote? if so how do I do that? and any clue about why the on demand button doesn't work...
they just installed the new Comcast x1 system, and it seems to work fine. but everything I read says the old Comcast remote controls work with this box, but mine don't I have the silver with red 'ok' button version any ideas? does it need to be reprogrammed? I cant get another x1 remote since they are in such short supply here, so I NEED to get the old ones working thanks! mark
excellent question; i should have stated that even the internal menu from the TV has the same B&W issue and all inputs as well (i checked this before i tried the menu)
my samsung hlp5674W, bought in 2005, was working fine last night, then the color went out. i still have a perfect picture but in black and white only. the rainbow effect my wife normally sees is gone; does this mean the color wheel is shot? i did a search, and there are quite a few postings on frozen b&w, but didnt find much on a good b&w picture. help. the local service guy wants $95 just to come out to the house, and he cant even do that until friday. says...