or Connect

Posts by JSteel

Just came from BB from playing with the HU9000. Could not get their 4K Samsung content to play on their USB (Sporadic problem with the F9000 at times), and found they had the Blu-Ray upscaling to 4K, which explains while the 1080p content of Gravity looked like crap. They should know better than that and let the TV do the upconverting, especially when the processing of the 2014 Samsung TV is leaps over any 4K upconverting of a Blu-ray player, minus the Oppo that is! Will...
By what you are saying has me guessing that the HU9000 in BB was not set up properly and that is why it looked like crap when I viewed it. I still don't care for the curved screen, but I want to see this TV at its best. Will have to make a trip after work and see if I can spend some time with it now that it is officially out.Oh, and I envy you with that 4K Camera. May have to save up for one now!
These files are stitched together to get the 4K content. I have personally made multiple 4K content for my F9000 to play and that is how Samsung's algorithm works in the naming scheme. If viewing on a computer, it will only show one quadrant of the picture. There is a thread discussing this deeply.
My thoughts exactly. I was hesitant to brush it off as a contender, but now I know that after seeing it in person, I have no desire to own a curved TV. I think the HU8550 will be the TV that will be the most popular. If my F9000 was to die today, that would be the TV I would hope to get.
My rule of thumb is if you are spending a lot of your hard earned money on an expensive product that is new technology, hence 4K, you should buy a warranty for it because it is still in its infancy. Any time you send the kind of money on these electronics, it is a good piece of mind to know if your TV craps out, you are covered. I am kicking myself for not getting the Black Tie warranty for BB for the first time on my TV purchase. I don't get warranties on low cost TV's...
I just saw the UN65HU9000 in Magnolia at BB and I was underwhelmed. I think the HU8550 is going to be a better buy this year. The curve did not do anything for me and the I did not get that fuzzy feeling when I sat down in front of the HU9000 like I did the F9000. I wrote my opinion response in the F9000 thread. I will be waiting for OLED to buy another TV.
So I had the pleasure to see the UN65HU9000 yesterday at Best Buy. All I can say is that I will not be getting this TV as my F9000 has a better picture than that TV does. The curve on the screen did no justice for me and I found that it reflected more background light than when the F9000 was sitting in the same spot. I could tell at the top of the screen where the frame and screen had slight bend creases along the top curved edge. I am going to layout my own experience...
No, I did not call Samsung to explain the issue as the TV only does this every once in a while. It is hard to diagnose this problem when the TV is not doing this all the time. Samsung would have to replace all the boards and one connect box to hopefully find the issue and I am not will to constantly take my TV down from the wall to do so at this time. I know it was confusing what I said, but it is what works to get it back on when it does not want to show a picture. Other...
From what I have found is that if I press the power button on the remote several times and watch the red light flicker to make sure it is receiving the signal and I get a response by the TV by letting me know it is on HDMI 1. Then I power it off and then power it back on. The way I have my Samsung logo light is I have it come on in standby mode when powered off so I know it is turned off. When the TV comes on, it goes off and that lets me know it is on. So when the TV...
It is funny you should mention that. I just had my 65" serviced for doing the same thing but mine would not come on at all unless I unplugged the TV for 2 hours. The watchdog system inside the service TV menu showed that I had a mainboard fault and they replaced it but just recently the same issue you are having, I have been having as well. It is not as bad as before, but it is an annoyance. I think it has something to do with the One Connect box or the proprietary cable....