or Connect

Posts by drewzus

Thanks! It's nice to have a great subwoofer (finally). Here are a couple more pics...The HSU next to my old Sony subwoofer. My wife could see my glee as I unboxed the sub. She said, "You love that subwoofer more than you love me, don't you?" I replied with "No comment."Plugged in and sounding great:
Been lurking in this thread for a while, and I'm happy to finally be part of the club Doing some wire management now, but I hope to have the sub up and running tomorrow. Had my 3-year-old pose next to the box for some scale.
CS2 arrived today from newegg. I knew it was going to be big, but it's definitely bigger in person than I could have imagined. I took a couple of pictures comparing it to my old center (Cambridge Center Plus--which I thought was a big center channel when I purchased it many years ago). The CS2 is also twice as deep, although that's not captured by the pics. Grills Off...
Thanks. That's what I was hoping to hear. I was really stoked to get the CS2 for $89.99 from Newegg. Looking forward to eventually matching it up with the 70s.
I just purchased a CS2, and I'm looking forward to joining the Polk family. I'm going to be buying Monitor 70s for my fronts. Have to save up a little bit first though. I've been watching newegg prices recently, and I notice that the Monitor 70s (cherry) are now "Out of Stock." Have they gone out of stock before or should I be worried that I missed the boat on purchasing them from newegg?
Quick question for 1018 owners. I've had my 1018 for a couple of years now and love it...I have a question regarding codes for the 1018 remote to control other devices. I have a couple of components I've been unable to control from my 1018. I'm wondering if anyone else has these components and has been able to successfully get the 1018 remote to control them: Sony BDP-S350 PS3 (slim) Samsung UN46C5000 (or any Samsung LED in that lineup) I need to just get a Harmony, but...
Zombieland 14.99 @ K-Mart
I may give that a shot. Thanks.Version: CN01Edit: Which clearly seems to follow the "S" rule in terms of picture quality.
Due to the lack of activity happening in the 5000 owners thread, I thought I'd chime in here. Got a 46" 5000 a few weeks ago, and there are significant clouding and flashlighting issues. Flashlight issues are particularly bad in the upper-left corner of the screen. I can't complain too much because I won the TV in a contest, but this also means that I can't return the TV. I've tried Ken's settings along with some others that people have posted on various other sites;...
Looking forward to this one as well. Hopefully soon.