or Connect

Posts by Ravanux

Sorry for the delay in some of my responses. This thread was dead for a while after I posted.Yes, I'm still very satisfied. Again, I don't have a way to perform an accurate lag test, but I've had a lot of success playing MW3 online. I used to play a lot of competitive gaming and at some point you can "feel" the lag when playing. I don't detect any of that here. Your question about liking at 60hz TV is relevant because it took me a long time to get to a point where I was...
This thread is intended for the UNXXEH5000/UNXXEH5050 series. The only differences that I can find on Samsung's site indicate that the 5000 has a better contrast ratio (3,500,000:1 vs 3,200,000) and the 5000 is solid black while the 5050 is rose/black. These TVs come in 32", 40", and 46" flavors and are all 1080p, 60Hz with 120Hz Clear Motion.(I saw some posts regarding this TV but no thread to track specifics. If this is already started or needs to go elsewhere, please...
1. Budget: $1500 2. Seating Distance: 4' to 6' 3. Screen Size: 46" to 52" 4. Uses and Source: Gaming - HDMI from xbox via Sony HT-CT500 5. Lighting: I normally play at night with either a small lamp or no lights on. I currently have a HL61A750 which I've had a lot of luck with for the last two years. However, I've moved the TV to a dedicated room that this TV is simply too big for. My big concerns are getting something that is going to look acceptable in...
Lol, irony?
AVS Battlefield 2 List Gamertag: AVS BFBC2 Send invites to that tag to get on the list. Use the friends of friend option to invite and join games. Copy and paste this entire list along with the above. Thanks. 1. Harpua77 (EST/misc nights) 2. HoosierinOhio (EST/Cleveland, usually on between 9-12 weeknights, weekends any time and later til 2-3am sometimes) 3. Salminella 4. Lord Zath (CST/Chicago, usually on around 4-6; 7-10 weeknights, any time weekends) 5....
Need recommendation based on the folowing. Leaning towards LCD/LED for weight and heat issues. Would consider a plasma, but I had some issues with image retention on a previous Sammy plasma. 1. Budget: 1.5k-2k - I'd be willing to go higher with good reason. 2. Seating distance: 6'-8' 3. Size/placement limitations: 52"-55" 4. Uses and sources: Primarily FPS gaming (360 and PS3) and Bluray/SD Movies (PS3). 5. Room lighting: Evening light but window faces east. Most...
You're awesome! Thank you. That makes this decision much easier!
Wow, I've read about as much of this thread as my brain can take, and unfortunately I'm more uncertain than when I started. I'm looking for a recommendation if anyone feels comfortable making one. My last TV was a Samsung 50" 720p plasma and my current is a Samsung 61" LED DLP (HL61A750). I'm moving my man-cave into a smaller room, and I'm looking to replace my current behemoth. I'm considering an LCD for two reasons weight (TV stand only supports up to 125lbs) and...
J&R's web price is $499 with a $100 gift card and they are offering $399 over the phone. I didn't even have to ask for the AVS forum discount. Arnaldo x1021 was awesome to deal with. Thanks to everyone that's been posting in this thread. I found the answers to all my questions regarding this receiver right here.