or Connect

Posts by 8traxrule

Uh, yeah- like here, tell others about how ANNOYING that channel is. And I've NEVER gotten a call asking what channel I was watching. You'd think broadcasters would have some consideration for those of us who DON'T have cable as well, although now most broadcast networks and stations are owned by the same companies that also own cable channels. (When I first complained to our local CBS station about their use of the bug, hoping the station owners might also be upset about...
Again, I have seen NO PROOF of that ("have they gained viewers due to somebody talking about the show and remembering what channel it was on because of the bug?") There's more proof of this practice turning off viewers than there is of any of these theories (look at the rec.arts.tv newsgroup when this started, as well as "Video" magazine for starters. There were several letters to the editor printed about that practice, and in 1994 the magazine had a survey of things that...
Mine (C7450) does that on every mode also except Game Mode (don't have cable though, waste of money! )
Please provide us with actual EVIDENCE. I've heard the "brand recognition" argument for years, with NO evidence to back it up. The only thing bugs do for me as far as brand recognition goes is that they remind me of companies that hate their viewers and programming so much.They've lost me- that's at least one right there. Has this so-called "BRAND RECOGNITION" been worth that? Have they GAINED a greater number of viewers from it- does at least one person now watch their...
And this month marks FIFTEEN YEARS since ABC started keeping their logo onscreen, being the last of the "big 3" networks to do this. Again, I have yet to hear a single thing anyone has GAINED by doing this, and if it has been worth losing even one viewer for.
I was actually able to pick up that station (channel 6 analog) at my parents' house in Davis since they have a good roof antenna with a rotor, though the signal wasn't strong enough to hear the audio, just see the still picture. A few stations have been doing this- running audio on analog channel 6 with a still picture, referred to as "FrankenFM" since it can be heard on an FM radio. I've wondered whether the sound is stereo on either TV or FM, since we had a regular...
Ha- Vizio is still pulling this. Mine forced the smooth motion on PAL sources (try explaining THAT to their clueless 'service reps'!) and occasionally was jittery on others. Ended up kicking it to the curb.
Sort of false alarm- I let it update again and it made it through this time.
Turned on my C7450 and it gave me an auto update prompt, so I let it update. Just as it did a few months ago, it ended up freezing at 67%. I had to unplug the TV, and it's working but I'm now locked out of all the apps, just as it did last time. I have no time to deal with this right now as I'm working on a school project (using the TV as a computer monitor), so I don't have time to call Sharp but posted on their Facebook wall how mad I am. How could they let this happen...
The A30 can be upgraded to bitstream Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD Hi-Res but not TrueHD or Master Audio- it won't put out any sound when playing those in bitstream mode. I was mainly talking about the power supply and disc drive, the main boards of course will be different.