or Connect

Posts by steve1971

Looks as though Amazon is sold out but Sony should have more in soon. Sorry to say stock on the W9 is drying up fast and its up in the air on whether Sony will indeed keep them on the market through 2014 even though they said they would.
Thanks for the link you posted and I checked it out. You are right and I see what you mean. And heres another thing I found out and that is for some reason the Pendlebury settings just dont seem right. I dont know what it is but the colors just dont seem right. Colors seem over saturated and now blacks seem to be too black, crushed if you will. I am also looseing shadow detail in some scenes. So what I am going to do is go back to my calibrated settings which thank god I...
That's were I now have mine wth. ACE set to low.
Ok here's an update. The guy who calibrated my set just left so I thought I would let others know what he said and thought of the Pendlebury settings. He liked them but the only thing he suggested is to turn off the Light Senor! I gave him the whole speel about it saving me money electric bill wise and how it prolongs the life of the tv and he said that was all hogwash! He said if I want to save money on the power bill just leave the Power Saving on Low but the Light...
I called the guy who calibrated my tv and he is going to come over tomorrow and take a look at my tv to tell me what he thinks. I respect and trust his views and if he says its not right then he will re-do the settings for me at no charge. I will let everyone know what happens.
So because I have never owned a Plasma tv your calling me clueless? Forget it I wont even respond to an idiotic statement like that, I wont even waste my time because all it starts is a LCD vs Plasma debate and that's been gone over a million times. But its time to let it go. Plasma is done and its time to get over it.
If anyone has any questions what the last firmware update was all about here it is from my contact at Sony: Good day, Steve! Kindly check if the TV software version is now PKG4.401AAA. The software update version PKG4.401AAA provides the following benefits: 1. Improves the performance and stability of the Internet TV features. 2. Improves the stability of Screen mirroring function.
I thought the same thing "helvetica bold". But to my eye the blacks don't look crushed at all but that's just me and I could be wrong. But I find it hard to believe a guy like Ty Pendlebury, and with all his experience in calibrating TV's for Cnet would have it turned on if it indeed did. But every review I have read says not to have it on and its the first Sony tv I have owned that I have had it on! But if it works it works and who am I to question a guy like Ty...
What I did was use the Pendlebury settings on HDMI 3 and toggled between those settings and his settings with some minor tweaks were better then what was done by the calibrator. So yes I went back and fourth and picked what looked best to my eye.
Oh you just had to remind me didnt you wth? Lol. Well I was so wrong back then about many things and one of them was about the ACE setting.