or Connect

Posts by gtpsuper24

Yep totally agree. One of my good friends thinks i'm completely insane for spending $850 on a pair of Arx A5 towers, he is just boggled that someone would spend that kind of money on speakers. While another kind of close friend from work, thinks the A5s would probably suck because he has $3000 bookshelfs and there is no way a cheap tower can sound good.Just look at actor Liam Neeson, his personal hometheater consists of Polk Audio RTi series and he's pretty much loaded...
"We did it! It was a major undertaking, but we really did it. For the full low down, please see The Official $1,000 Speaker Evaluation / Home Audition Event Thread, which explains the event in detail. To summarize, I was looking for a pair of speakers for my two-channel setup within my dedicated home theater room. I selected 8 speakers that I was interested in hearing and that I was able to obtain for $1,000 or less (plus reasonable shipping) and a panel of four of us got...
If you paid any attention the votes WAS NOT from the listening panel. It was to enter into the give away contest. It was to vote on what speakers you think might win, before any results was given. After a certain period the polls was closed, those that chose the speaker that Sonnie liked the best would be entered into the raffle/drawing to win a prize.Sonnie the owner of HTS listened to each speaker exhaustively and chose the Arx A5 which by the way is a fantastic...
I say if you go for the Klipsch setup, skip the Klipsch subwoofers. Seaton Submersive, JTR Captivator, Funk 18 or or Quad Power Sound XS30 is what I would be looking at. Subwoofers do not have to match the speakers, only for the looks if thats what you would want.
The SVS would be great with the Boston Acoustics setup. One subwoofer can work really well but no matter what subwoofer you buy adding a second matching subwoofer is even better. It will help even out the bass throughout the entire room.
I had been thinking about using the 12D kit and going with DIY SG 2cuft flat pack, its only .4cuft smaller than CSS's large simulation. Seems like this is a great driver, xbl2 and decent price, wondering why we don't see much builds using this driver.
If your building a new system then its ok to have mixed matched speakers. I ran an all Axiom setup before going with Arx and used Arx bookshelfs for fronts with the Axiom center until I got the Arx center. Then ran the Axioms as surrounds until I got rid of all of them. There is definitely a difference between different brands and a huge difference in the different technologies ie metal domes, ribbon tweeters ect....You'll be find running mixed matched as you work...
Well the A2 and A3 are just the first to get the new gen tweeters, Jon is currently working on the A5 with the new gen tweeter (with a rumored drop in kit for older A5s to get the new tweeter) and the A1b will probably be next. The A6 LCR which could possibly be this fall to beginning of the year will have the newest tweeter. It would be a TM flanked by a pair of 6.5" XBL2 woofer in a squarish sealed box. The A4 surround which so far seems a ways off will have it too. ...
The Arx A5 are awesome towers and i've been nothing but extremely happy with each Arx model i've owned. Currently running the first gen A2 center and A2 vertical surrounds with the A5s as fronts and its a fantastic system. The delay sucks but I would never put Arx and AV123 in the same sentence. Jon hasn't accepted $$ for vaporware products and has only done small deposits on group buys and even then he waited till the very last moment to post the page to pay the...