or Connect

Posts by lilfleck

Ok, I suppose I'll just see what I can get for them on craigslist. Seem's like the easiest way to sell them. I would LOVE to purchase an older/better/cheaper set of speakers, the problem is I don't know what's good/bad/OK. I know most folks on this forum are serious into home audio and not choose Polks, but I think I might like them. I won't be constantly building on this, I would rather just buy as much as I can now and call it a day until my circumstances change....
I tried that. KEF is not popular in the US at all. I checked the UK Ebay site and didn't have much luck there either...
Hey guys, I'm itching to upgrade my system. It's not high end by any means and it was always intended as a starter system to build off of: Yamaha RX-V467 KEF C1 Bookshelf Speakers (L+R) KEF C6 Center BIC 200 I live in an apartment and the sub is definitely way more than adequate. It is tamed. I'm not sure if my speakers are just under powered or I need to upgrade. The reason why I am looking to upgrade is because I went to a friends house who purchased a budget polk...
Hey guys, I've lurked these forums for a few years, big on Overclock.net, and a few other hobby forums. My friend recently bought a home and asked me to help him setup an HTPC. The HTPC part is not an issue for me, but the wiring is. Since he is basically overhauling the house now that it is empty and being torn apart, I'd like to suggest wiring it up properly before we start. From reading various builds on the internet, I see that the popular choice for serious home...
Ah, I did not read it closely. The egg speakers sound like a better solution for me. Should I worry about the size or quality of these for rears? In general, what should I be looking for in a rear speaker? I know I don't want to overpower the fronts (small room; next to the couch); and obviously these wouldn't. KEF speakers are pretty expensive. I am looking at their monitors and $250 each for four 3" drivers? wow. Would these small 3" egg speakers be better than Polk...
No shot that I'm paying $330 for one bookshelf speaker. I got the pair for $300.
Hey guys, I have 2x KEF C3 bookshelf speakers, the matching center, and a 12" BIC F12 sub. Powered by a Yamaha V467. I'm looking to complete my 5.1 surround by adding rears but I'm not sure what to add since I no longer have KEF retailers locally. I was originally planning on upgrading the front two speakers, but due to lack of retailers and pricey premium for KEF's higher end speakers, that might have to be put on hold until my financial situation changes. In the...
Are the Polk Monitor 60 and 70 not as good quality as my KEF bookshelfs? The floorstanding KEF's are definitely out of my price range and unfortunately, there are no local retailers who carry KEF anymore
Looking at the Monitor 70's right now... are they worth the upgrade over my Kef C3 Bookshelfs? I guess i would also have to purchase a new center
Are they any good?http://goo.gl/rURRh - $175 eahttp://goo.gl/eGlKvReading through this thread, seems like mixed opinions. Guess I'd have to listen in person. In the meantime, isn't there a popular go-to value speaker? Is it the Polk 70 and did I screw up by not biting on $300 for the pair?