or Connect

Posts by TVbc

sure. i'm definitely optimistic, but at the same time i'll hedge my bet by helping to define this problem's parameters and solutions, if possible. that's great you got a tech who has the troubleshooting bug. if the unplugging procedure hadn't worked for me, i was going to get them to check the line connections box to see if that could be a contributing factor. i remember pre-dcx days (in fact pre-cablebox days), an inconsistent reception problem ended up being a...
haha.. i was waiting for a pessimistic reply like that. but it's not my bubble busting, everything's working fine right now. and if it doesn't continue that way, i'll unplug and play. i didn't like the uncertainty of those freeze recordings, usuallly made at like 430 am , at all. but the resolution of the problem is great, now. i just don't expect perfection from these wonderful electronic gadgets, and a quirk here and there just adds chararcter to the whole little...
i tried every way including loose, and never successfully got a freeze-dried recording to go past the freeze. i tried over and over, stuck back in vcr-mind-mode, convinced that if i only got enough headstart that i could FF through the block, but of course it nevr worked. as to clues to solving the problem, see above post and let us know if unplugging the dcx and/or reseating the hdmi cables works for you. thanks bc
SOLVED ... to crossbeaux and all... so i recently finished reading every post of the last 40 pages or so trying to find the solution to the black-freeze/picture freezek of recordings, both from the beginning and midstream -- and no luck finding that solution. SO, i unplugged the unit and let it sit for a while, and at the same time unplugged both hdmi cable ends and reinstalled a couple of times to clean off the contacts. the hdmi goes from the dcx directly to a...
Quote: Originally Posted by catchinem Should I buy the 3 year extended warranty for the 46 xbr8 from Sony Extended Service Plans. They want $515.11. I have until November 29 to let them know if I want it. Thanks for any input on this decision I need to make. this sounds *very* expensive for an extended service plan, even from sony. it's an old ongoing debate, of course, whether to get these or not, with the big sell being "peace of mind". for...
well i just caught up on reading the past few days of posts since assering that the buffer on the dcx restarts each time a different tuner is swapped. and all replies say, not so. so, i'll retry again, which i had done just before posting back then, and in fact had another do the same, with the same result -- i.e. the buffer restarted at each tuner swap. maybe i'm doing something wrong. maybe this box is dong somethng wrong. it's not a big concern, but there are times...
but when you switch to tuner2 the buffer switches to tuner2, and when you return to tuner1 the buffer restarts again, i.e. the buffer is for the selected tuner and ends for that tuner when it isn't selected. bc
strange goings on...must be halloween related. but, why of course couldn't you recreat series recording? if you have the current show showing in the guide, a series record instruction will be picked up when the guide fully poplulates, won't it? bc
the clicking is the tv guide on screen display being automatically updated. this will happen when the set is off (standby). it's a relay turning on and off for that function. did you not have the guide set to ON in your old place? perhaps the unplugging reset back to the default, ON. you can turn the guide off if the clicking bothers you. the update fixes other things as stated at the sony support sitehttp://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu...R8®ion_id=1 btw, my guess...
terrys... i suggest you ask your question at this thread, i'm sure you will get your answer: Magnavox 2080/2160/513 and Philips 3575/3576 bc