or Connect

Posts by TVbc

DOH! indeed. well now it does sound like we are talking about the same thing, so i'll just repeat what i said right back at you ""Originally Posted by TVbc jd.... i know it's really not your point, but i would say that if the manufacturer's design is such that turning on the unit is so non-intuitive as to need special instruction, that is a 'failure' of the product, not the consumer."" we shouldn't be required to troubleshoot a brand new product, and certainly not how...
not fair? balderdash, i say. i made no specific reference to a product category nor specific reference to denon. hooey on all of them that forget that good design is consistent with a good user experience. a consumer product designer keeps in mind their user profile, assumes that all consumers are idiots, and designs to accommodate those with the money. and their reward shall be riches. [and the same hooey goes to those who play pass-the-buck with hdmi compatabilty...
jd.... i know it's really not your point, but i would say that if the manufacturer's design is such that turning on the unit is so non-intuitive as to need special instruction, that is a 'failure' of the product, not the consumer.
pardon the long full-quote,but it's interesting and bears rereading. mainly, thank you (and evt, and others) for pursuing this and not simply accepting the annecdotal assumptions that the problem is definitely not denon problem and that it's just an hdmi 'issue'. what a great tool you have to be able to actually see where and when the problem happens. and it appears that you are methodically cataloging the circumstances when the problem occurs. it's an approach one...
why not call electronic expo, exchange it or return it?
to show what a good student i am batpig, let me add and 4) it will also depend on how good the processing is of your hdtv ... ...
sargeant... so who is this superdealer, already.
well i will disagree that digital transmission requires any fancy antenna solutions on its face. rabbit ears can actually work just fine. depends where you are and where the transmitters are. and i'll agree that it can be a source and signal strength issue. depends where you are and where the transmitters are. you may need an outdoor antenna, maybe not. you may need an amplified antenna, maybe not. to help sort it out, for your particular location, go to...
maybe the boldface caused the confusion. you meant replace your sub and get a powered sub. right?
Quote: Originally Posted by TVbc do the increased features of the 3310 and higher models actually warrant the updates (compared to the 2310), or is the firmware updating a feature, i.e. sales point ? i'm thinking it's just a selling feature to help justify the higher prices, and that the 2310 would equally benefit. ----- ------------ -------------- ------------yes, thanks, i understood your point. i'm asking, wouldn't the 2310 benefit as well, or is...