or Connect

Posts by sdg4vfx

+1 the comments re getting a bookshelf with stong-ish bass. +1 the B-stock Philharmonitor mentioned by shadyj. (Great deal/speaker, though a tad over your stated budget.) For a less pricey bookshelves with decent enough bass (in order of my personal recommendation) ... - Monitor Audio RX-1 ($500 a pair with certain finishes) - Ascend CMT-340 ($560 a pair, really mini-towers with excellent bass) - KEF Q300 ($500 a pair at http://www.accessories4less.com/) - Ascend...
If you call a dealer (or manufacturer) directly you can sometimes snag a single. I've done this successfully a few times.+ 1 getting three identical speakers LCR across the front. Since it's often easier to buy 2 pair instead of 3 individual there are some options re the left-over 4th speaker - keep it as a backup, use it as a music monitor in another room, use it as a single "rear surround" speaker in a 6.1 setup (I did that for a while and it sounded great).The Focal...
So long as you're not a doctor or dentist not being good with patients shouldn't be much of a hindrance
In the situation you described the unit is repairable and has not "failed" (just something easy like a replacing the HD). My comment is indeed true if the unit fails and is unrepairable (something like the motherboard or video chip failing). In this case the lifetime subscription dies with the unit.Glad that is working for him, but this is not true for all the analog TiVo boxes.You would think. As I mentioned before, check out the TiVo forums or do a search - the TiVo...
Unfortunately the lifetime subscription is not really lifetime. If the device fails, or becomes obsolete, the subscription is tied to that device and dies also. (Lot's of folks who owned TiVo boxes pre digital OTA got burned.) TiVo also has a planned 5 year obsolescence built into their "lifetime" subscription (they can decide to no longer support a device after 5 years, including supplying a broadcast schedule in a fornat the device can read). The TiVo forums have...
Your size/depth restrictions in combination with wanting good mid (upper?) bass is tough. Maybe try ... Ascend Acoustic HTM-200 - sealed and designed to be flush wall mounted. http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages/products/speakers/htm200/htm200.html HTD Flat Panel. http://www.htd.com/Products/flat-panel-speakers/flat-panel-speaker
+1
Multichannel (surround) music is the one exception to the rule-of-thumb alluded to by Martycool For that kind of listening surrounds that timbre match the front LCR is very, very desirable (5 matching speakers all the way around ideal, at the very least surrounds from the same make/model line).On the other hand, many of the different Ascend speaker models work uncommonly well together so you might get away with a mixed Ascend set. (For example - there are lots of posts...
Enjoy! Make sure to redo Audyssey calibration when you add your sub
With your size restrictions your might check out the Ascend HTM-200 for surrounds. It's not very deep, and it's designed for easy placement (even flush wall mounted).