or Connect

Posts by sdg4vfx

+1
+1
Ah - gave it a shot In that case +1 zieglj01's suggestions (again).Just out of curiosity - what's the measurement on that ledge?
Gotcha. Maybe have a look at these - both are sealed and designed to be wall mounted. Ascend Acoustics HTM-200 SE http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages/products/speakers/htm200/htm200.html NHT Absolute Wall Speaker Black (and White) http://www.nhthifi.com/Home-Theater-Absolute-On-Wall-Speaker-Black?sc=12&category=3772 For the Zone 2 use either of these would give a fuller, more pleasing sound than any satellites speaker. (I also know folks who have painted them the...
+1 ^^^^ Though IMHO both of the speakers would be a bad fit for Zone 2 use (in your case the dining room and bedroom). They are satellite speakers designed to be used with a sub to not only cover the low end, but even help out with the mid-range. Can you go with a small bookshelf speaker for the Zone 2 uses? (There are options that will give you much better Zone 2 sound for less money.)
Three identical speakers LCR across the front is ideal. If you can fit a third SM-350 as a center then it will actually sound better than the "dedicated" horizontal center speaker models. (No need for two center speakers - the goal isn't getting the strongest center channel sound, but rather an even, cohesive front sound stage from the LCR speakers working well together.) With your "leftover" SM-350 you could try out a 6.1 setup (i.e. one "rear surround" in the center...
+1
I'm curious about the long term licensing/ownership on Keychest ... For UV the "terms" say you "own" the UV copy of the movie forever (in perpetuity). But, if you look at the small print the viewing-venders (like VUDU) are only required to let you view the movie via their online service for free for 5 years. After 5 years the service viewing rights are negotiable. Blu-Ray discs and iTunes continues to look more and more attractive to me for purchases/long-term-ownership.
Your room/space is factor so you should probably test both 100hz and 120hz and see which one sounds better to you. I would test some favorite movie (blu-ray) sections and some favorite music.
Personally I would place the SB-1000 solidly ahead of the other two (both in detail/clarity and how deep it goes). But to be fair it is a $500 sub while the other two are $300 subs. A lot of forum members consider the SB-1000 (and it's ported sibling, the PB-1000) to be the best sub at that price point.